Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Installing Spotify Windows 7 Error

Installing Spotify Windows 7 Error

Hello! 

I am experiencing some trouble installing Spotify onto my laptop running Windows 7. Before requesting help, I have tried using others post and tried the following suggestions including: installing it with/without admin account, installing in safe mode with/without networking, downloading the full installer and installing an older version of spotify. None of these have been successfull, so I turned to posting a message myself. Thank you very much, rock on!

/Slush.

PS. I have attached a picture showing the error code, the fact that I have enough RAM and memory space on my HDD.

10 Replies

Can't see you picture unfortunately, what error code are you getting?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Are you able to see it now?

spotifyproblem.PNG

Yup can see that! 

Just wondering are you running any security software that might be preventing Spotify from writing to the %appdata% folders? CryptoPrevent springs to mind as the main one. 

Peter

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials, however, I have now tried to turning it off and installing, however, that made no difference. 

Thank you so much for helping! I know that it must be annoying sometimes but it is very much appriciated Peter 🙂

Looking through my archives, I have only ever come across this error a few times before, one of which did find a solution:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Error-code-11/m-p/359808/highlight/true#M...

Do you have a temp folder in your C:\ directory? 

Peter

There is nothing in the temp folder... 

An interesting development is that if I run the FULL installer, instead of getting the error code 11 I get the "Error code: 13"... The installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created.

Do the following folders exist on your computer (they may be hidden):
C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Local\Spotify
C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

Peter

I know have selected "Show Hidden Files" under folder options in Windows, however, there is still no folder in the following folders:

C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Local\Spotify
C:\Users\[My account]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

No Spotify "folders"*

Suggested posts