Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Instant "Spotify can't play this song right now" error.

Solved!

Instant "Spotify can't play this song right now" error.

As soon as I try to play any song on the Spotify Desktop App I get the error message. The songs do work if I use the Web Version though. I already tried cleaning out my host files, loging in and out, reinstalling the app and updating my drivers - nothing works 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Actually the problem solved itself yesterday. It seems that the last Windows update somehow crashed up my whole sound system (Sound from Steam games also didnt work). But with the new update everything works fine. 

Still thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

As written in the title: The error is "Spotify can't play this song right now"

1. Ensure Stable Connection: Check the user's internet connection to ensure it's stable.
  2. Restart Spotify: Advise the user to restart the Spotify app to resolve temporary glitches.
  3. Update App: If the issue persists, recommend updating the Spotify app to the latest version.

Already did all those steps. Lan connection is stable, I restartet and even reinstalled spotify.

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

We see you've tried some troubleshooting up until now. We're going to step in an suggest for you to perform a clean uninstall, as It's a more thorough removal of the Spotify app from your device and should help out with something like this. 

Let us know how it goes.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Actually the problem solved itself yesterday. It seems that the last Windows update somehow crashed up my whole sound system (Sound from Steam games also didnt work). But with the new update everything works fine. 

Still thanks 🙂

Suggested posts