Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to use spotify with a 5.1 setup?

Solved!

Is it possible to use spotify with a 5.1 setup?

Tried googling and looking over the forums however I can't seem to find an answer/solution.

I have a 5.1 speaker setup (5 speakers + a sub) however spotify sounds only use 2 speakers + the sub. This is natural for most audio files, however I was wondering if there was a way of converting it to 5.1.

I usually use a program called Foobar which converts mp3 files into 5.1 when you play them, making sound come out of all speakers, however there is no option for this within spotify.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

49 Replies

If your wondering where it is exactly where you add "--disable-audio-output-resampler"

Its... Right click on the Spotify shortcut and click Properties

Then on that screen it shows

Start in

Shortcut key

Run

Comment

and all i did was add "--disable-audio-output-resampler" to the comment box and that worked 🙂

spotify.png

@thomasb2602 thank u so much

I'm glad that the tutorial helped u with fixen Ur problem!

Marked as solution

It's a little bit different now, its voice meeter Banana. New link, https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Same method, just looks a little different. Click A1, add your speakers, click where it says "Normal Mode" and change it to stereo repeat.

If you are having issues, make sure the VoiceMeeter Aux is the primary audio device.

@thomasb2602 wrote:

I have found a fix for mine!

Download Voicemeeter:

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

then install it, and reboot your pc.

go to playback devices.

And set up the vooicemeter app as 7.1, but untip the side pairs if u have 5.1 . See photo

fix2.PNGfix3.PNG

And just click next, next, finish.

Then setup your speaker in Voicemeeter. See photo

fix.PNG

Now we need to let it start every bootup, so we need to put a shortcut in the startup map.

Goto Start (windows logo)

All programms

Go to the Startup map, and right click than click on open.

Than go back to all programs, and find a map called VB Audio.

Open the map, also the voicemeeter app.

Copy the app called, Voicemeeter, in the Startup map that we just opend.

DONE! I hope it worked!!

Sir. You are a genious

U now can choose between banana and Voicemeeter. I myself find voicemeeter (normal one) a bit more user friendly. But if u want to record Ur voice with voice meeter, than banana is the best option for U. Thanks for bringing it up!

As kachunkachunk said,

"If you're using an X-Fi, just use CMSS 3D. The Soundblaster suite generally does a multi-channel re-matrix pretty well."  Remember to aslo tick off the option in spotify called "Hardware acceleration" ad the bottom of the advanced settings! U will get 5.0 working, but still no subwoofer will work with it.. so fur subwoofer use I still need voicemeeter. Maybe someone will get it working without voicemeeter and only the CMSS 3D.

*edit*

After setting my speakers from 7.1 in the creative menu to 5.1 i got my subwoofer working, even on yotube it works now.

A little bit late xb, but thanks to u mate!!! Got it working by settinf my speakers back to 5.1, and turning off hardware acceleration in spotify.

Hardware acceleration shouldn't make a difference - it just relates to 3D-accelerated rendering for the GUI, via your GPU. Perhaps you can double-check? Maybe restarting Spotify between 7.1 -> 5.1 config changes was what made the difference?

But I'm still glad to hear things are working right for you!

Suggested posts