Is it possible to use spotify with a 5.1 setup?

Solved!

Re: Is it possible to use spotify with a 5.1 setup?

eastonch
Casual Listener

Completey fixed it over here Win 8.1 (worst decision of my life...)

Awesome sound!

seanpatrick76
Gig Goer

It didn't work for me unfortunately, also using win 8.1, HDMI to Receiver.

andix84
Casual Listener

Didn't work for me too.

SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Win 8.1 x64

kachunkachunk
Casual Listener
If you're using an X-Fi, just use CMSS 3D. The Soundblaster suite generally does a multi-channel re-matrix pretty well.

andix84
Casual Listener

I've tried all setting with CMSS, and windows speakers configuration, still doesn't work.

However, when i listening music from any player (aimp for example) then it's ok, so problem must be with spotify, not with sound driver.

kachunkachunk
Casual Listener

Ah okay! So despite doing "--disable-audio-output-resampler" on the Spotify launcher shortcut *and* using the CMSS 3D settings, you're not seeing any positive effect? Kind of surprising, but that kind of implies to me that Spotify is not actually doing anything with that launcher setting. CMSS has been solid in my past experience.

My current system doesn't have a Soundblaster card anymore, however, so I can't really try these things myself.

But what I can say works for me is to use Voicemeeter or Voicemeeter Banana. The app can do some matrix upmixing for you on the output but yeah it might feel overkill or overly complicated. I kind of like the app and managed to get everything down to very low latency however.

Give it a stab if you're comfortable, otherwise there might be some YouTube videos on it.

Or when I have some time early next week, I could try to put together a quick guide.

Edit: Hang on, are you using Neo2 or Dolby DTS? You might need either of those turned on as well if you're hooking things up to a receiver.

yisusmwk

friend got some other solution? did not work what you have posted, I have 8.1 windows 64 bit, asus sound card xonar dg 5.1 and for some reason z506 logitech sound system know music from spotify could sound in my 5.1 but since yesterday I stop sound in 5.1 some days ago and now only in stereo

c44a30e49a7d6b1d07eee680e4bd86f7.png
525740bae9cfa9ae889a9e6d2202e5e6.png
8b560fa050d083e5894020768a7ec090.png

kachunkachunk
Casual Listener

Sorry this is later than I promised.

Got my Soundblaster Z into my gaming system to check this stuff out. As I said before, CMSS-3D or whatever your equivalent should work. Currently I am using my SB-Z and have optical audio going out of my system encoded in DTS, to my receiver (Denon AVR1913).

The receiver is currently playing my Spotify, Youtube, Google Play Music, etc over my left, right, center, and rear channels with no problems.

1) In your control panel, you turn on SBX Pro Studio's Surround capability (CMSS or CMSS 2 would be your equivalent for older cards/panels).

2) Ensure your speakers are actually configured for 5.1 in Windows and the same is shown in the control panel. Something easily forgotten after reinstalling drivers, etc- that kind of thing.

3) Under Cinematic, enable DTS or Dolby Digital Live - whatever your receiver supports (often both). In my case, using DTS Neo:PC had to be left disabled. In older experiences this was fine to have enabled, so chances are CMSS users will want this enabled. Try toggling it on and off, but be sure to check that CMSS and/or Surround (for SBX Pro Studio users) stays enabled. It kept unchecking/disabling Surround mode in SBX Pro Studio for me when I enabled Neo:PC under Cinematic. I guess it's now mutually-exclusive in current software/cards.

4) Under Advanced Features, I left "Play stereo mix to digital output" as disabled, it had no bearing on this issue.

Now, before I got my Z into my system, I did still get Spotify working over HDMI, using Voicemeeter software. It's an audio mixer/muxer good for folks doing casts of some kind.

There are other software solutions for fixing this problem and effectively giving you the functions that I named above (i.e. CMSS and SBC Pro Studio). Razer has one equivalent with their software: http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/surround

And believe or not, Creative has a Soundblaster software solution that works quite well and just about any sound device. Good reviews on it, and IMO worth the $30 over what Razer offers for free. http://software.store.creative.com/p/software/sound-blaster-x-fi-mb3

Anyway like I said, you can still achieve this stuff for free using voicemeeter, JACK, etc. It just takes more work. You also admittedly lack all the nice and fancy audio processing stuff that again, IMO, Creative/Soundblaster is *really* good for. Seriously, the Crystalizer is pretty great and not merely a simple equalizer preset.

The downside to using an entirely software-based solution is increased latency (over hardware or just leaving it as stereo without encoding audio into digital). It may not be an issue for most people but it might drive latency sensitive twitch gamers a bit mad.

user-removed
Not applicable
It's works great ! Thank You !!!

Deku
Casual Listener
in the " Xonar " program you have to activate the SPDIF output and set " Dolby Digital Live" and then check " Virtual 7.1 speaker" (I think this last is optional . " me so my works
SUGGESTED POSTS