Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a simple way to prevent a song from ever playing?

Is there a simple way to prevent a song from ever playing?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whether I'm listening to some electronic playlist, some electronic artist's radio, it never fails that Jon Hopkins - Immunity will eventually play. I swear it is on every electronic playlist and radio station. The first few notes are enough to get it stuck in my head and I HATE THIS SONG. But it never fails. It is constantly playing everywhere. Why can I not simply block a song from ever playing again? I am going to leave Spotify if I can't stop this song from playing. It is a simple feature that I shouldn't have to be listening in a specific "daily mix" in order to accomplish. 

22 Replies

ktzYzjT

Nope, not there.

It baffles me why this isn't an easy option to find. Music can be so polarising... and if you don't allow us to hide or "never play this song/artist/etc" something from even someone else's playlist, Spotify is going to be delivering content to our ears that turns us off.

Surely you don't want that?

Exactly! There is a cute little minus sign on the mobile version that didn't have a hover-over message so I punched it a bunch of times and it removed many songs I didn't want to remove. However, on the Mac there is no cute little minus icon that doesn't respond for two minutes like on the mobile app. Are you saying I need to hide that song every time it comes up on my other playlists? Do you guys not have a UI team that does cross channel verification to ensure consistency across the apps. Really Spotify, for a Fortime 500 future ranking of 10 with just over 4k employees, couldn't you affort to maybe hire some more UI/UX engineers that do cross channel verification to ensure consistency across the apps? Really Spotify, for a Fortime 500 future ranking of 10 with just over 4k employees,  your UI's need serious work.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback you’ve given us so far.

Right now, the option to block an artist from being played or hiding songs in playlists created by other users can only be enabled on phone or tablet. There's more info on that here

If you’d like to see the same functionality for the Desktop app, you can add your vote to this idea as already suggested by @Jeremy.

In case you want an option to block a song permanently from ever being played in any playlist, album or the artist page on any device, you can support the idea here, by adding your vote to it.

We’re going to close this thread now, but feel free to leave your comments in the respective idea threads above. Rest assured we are working to deliver this feedback to the internal teams at Spotify, thanks!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts