Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any ideas for distortion free playback?

Is there any ideas for distortion free playback?

Hello Spotify Team & Community,

first let me start with what I generally want from an operating system: I want NO mixer. I want to listen to Skype conversation OR Spotify music OR web-based videos, but NEVER mix those streams. I really wonder why all the OS's have mixers. You can't understand your friend at skype if the music is playing and the music gets distorted anyway by other audio sources. That is where the problem starts: The computer OS programmers seem to not understand this easy fact (!)

If I want to listen to streaming music, I do not wany ANY un-needed conversion, software volume scaling, resizing, re-sampling etc. I just want to have the compressed data de-coded and put the data 1:1 into the USB audio interface (with big enough data buffer to avoid the so-called "gapping") . NO, spotify should not have any software volume slider - the audio interface has a hardware potentiometer that does the job - otherwise the question rises what slider to turn up or down. The situation gets even worse, if there are several mixer sliders in the OS.  For 100% perfect sound, the "gain structure" must be optimized in a way to have the signal level everywhere just below the onset of clipping, but NEVER above.  Also, I want to have the interface set to 44.1kHz, if the song is clocked at that rate and automatically to 48kHz, if that is the song's rate. I do not want to visit the system settings, investigate sampling frequencies etc. or have each song auto-converted to fit the sampling rate that the OS's mixer is just currently operating at. That is un-needed sound conversion and must be avoided (again: because NOBODY needs a mixer unless he is a DJ - and DJs rely on special mixers, not on OS system mixers anyway).  

What I said is true for Windows, OS X, iOs, Android and Ubuntu (which comes with it's own messed-up bunch of confusing audio-layers).

Summary: Is there any way - or any recommendation - what system to use and what settings need to be used for (almost) perfect - or as good as possible - audio quality?

1 Reply

Hey @Viennatom, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the audio quality in your app. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

You can find the best way to change the quality of your tunes by following the steps listed in this article.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts