Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there "Follow Artist" limit?

Solved!

Is there "Follow Artist" limit?

I'm wondering if there is limit to following artists in Your Music? I'm painfully, butthurtingly aware of the 10,000 track limit. As a work around I was thinking of just following the remaining artists I can't fit. It's a few extra steps, but I really don't want to have to give up on Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's worth also checking in the web player to see if they appear there?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

I haven't heard a follow limit mentioned anywhere. Might be a good plan.

Peter

I was woundering that myself since I logged on today and was going to browse through the artists I am following but when iI go to click on it nothing happens and I have tried from 2 computers plus the web player. It is driving me crazy that how I save my artist since I hit the 10, track limit i thought was be a good solution to my problom and now I am stuck since this is how I remeber what artist i want to check out later. I have been surffing the web all night to see if anyone else had this happen but your post was all i have found so far. Now one pc is telling i am following 456 where the webplayer and my main pc is telling me 704 but i can not see any of them but i can see who follows me so please if you anyone can help me with this please music is a massive part of my life i use this alot thank you. OK i also just tried it on my iphone and i get "an error has occured try again".

p.s. sorry about typing havent slept lol!

What actually happens in the desktop client when you click on your profile name/profile/following? Any chance of a screenshot?

it is just blank under following Clipboard01.jpg

You give it plenty of time to load? It sounds like there may be something screwy going on with your account. Get in touch here and the support guys can check it out. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to the email  to speed things along.

yes more then enough time over 20 hours now its just blank on every thing i try it on i did what you told me to do i just hope they can help me since now i can not find anything now since i use it like a bookmark for later.

While you're waiting, followed artists also appear in Your Music under Artists which may help.

Marked as solution

It's worth also checking in the web player to see if they appear there?

Peter

Yes, exactly the same here: the 'Following' section is blank. I can see some in the Your Music section under Artists, but only 106. I follow 2,100+.

Follow me

no under your music then artist i only get a small handfull of artist i have already check that and like i said before i have used the web player and then pc th version on 2 computers also my iphone app it just not working.

this a make or break thing with me since i was about to subscribe to spotify but if i cant use something this simple i'll be sticking with free and thats to bad becuase i really love this service but i have heard anything them still.

Yes, there is most definitely some limit. Due to the 10,000 limit, I started just following artists and not their albums / songs, so I could at least have a full list of artists I enjoy in "Your Music".

However, I found that once you hit a certain number (seems to be around 100), artists start being removed from the top of your list in alphabetical order. I'm finding that if I specifically search for those artists, I'm still "following" them... But they no longer appear in "Your Music" under the "Artists" tab.

This irks me. I just want a list of my favorite artists to easily browse through... Not limited to 100. I listen to a lot of music. 

This is news to me @hoshuajiggins but, if you are right, it may explain the issues others have been reporting. The removed artists still appear under "Following"  in your profile presumably?

Correct, if I click my profile and click "Following", the number is how many artists / friends I'm following, and it lists all the artists I've added so far... However, every time I follow a new artist, an artist from the beginning of my "Your Music" / "Artists" list disappears.

Thanks for confirming. Let me see what I can find out.

same problem! 

any news ?

Just to add more insight to this convo... I just unsaved every single song and unfollowed every single artist, friend, etc. Then I started readding artists that I follow.

100. The limit is 100. If you only follow artists, your "Your Music" artist list is limited to 100 artists. Adding more will still follow them (I imagine for the case of notifications), but Your Music will only show 100.

I can not believe it. 😞

Suggested posts