Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there "Follow Artist" limit?

Solved!

Is there "Follow Artist" limit?

I'm wondering if there is limit to following artists in Your Music? I'm painfully, butthurtingly aware of the 10,000 track limit. As a work around I was thinking of just following the remaining artists I can't fit. It's a few extra steps, but I really don't want to have to give up on Spotify.

33 Replies

Can confirm Joe is on the case on this one. I will have to count mine, I must be close but not at the limit!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So the limit is 100 (can see 100), but we can follow more, right ? and what if i want to follow and see the new album about my 1000 artist ? 

On Deezer, the limit is 1000 🙂

is there any official position on display limits?

OK guys, this has been passed on to the development team. Someone will post here once there is more news for you. If you haven't hit the 10,000 track limit, you can add single tracks for the moment while waiting.

Hi guys, can you help me? 🙂

Basically i am following 360 artists but when i check my followings i can visualize just 90 of them ( it used to work perfectly before) and that sucks because i can't remember all of them and i love looking at my list and listen to the artist i need at that right moment.. i'm sure you know what i mean 🙂 

thank you for your help 

Marco

This issue is currently being investigated @marcobusonero - hang in there.

Peter

news?

Interesting re: the workaround where you can add single songs one by one even if you've hit the artist limit (100 artists) and/or song limit (10,000 songs). 

While you CAN add extra tracks one by one, they're only browsable under "Songs" in Your Music and not recreated under "Albums" or "Artists"....so it's not really a workaround, in that it won't construct the album/artist hierarchy (which is what actually makes it...you know....browsable).

These imposed limits are so UNBELIEVABLY maddening.  We get an equalizer in the new app update, but not the ability to manage a collection of any meaningful size.  So if you follow 4 artists, they're going to sound GREAT...but good luck if you have a deep catalog and need to browse any of it.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.  Spotify Product Development needs to step into the real world....quickly.  Maybe it would help if you actually used your product the way WE do.

And here's a good example...anyone try reading the Artist review on the iPhone app.?  Good Luck....you will need laser vision....it must be the SMALLEST font they could print before it looked like a blur.  It's just a plain joke how small it is, almost worthless....

Thank YOU!

Phil

mine works fine now i talk to them on twitter and like les then a week later it i got all 750 + of my followings back on all my devices, web player, and and pc software so thank you Tech dudes for spedding the whole day with me on twitter to fix this so as i can afford it i will upragrade to the pay service!

your problem solved?
How to solve?

Hey everyone, we're gathering a bit more info on this. As soon as I have an update I will post again here for you--thanks!

Hey, it's Aug 22 and the problem is still around. I follow about 200 artists but only about 1/2 show up in the artist list when I log on to the Android Spotify app. I can not bring myself to get a paid subscription when I can't even enjoy my artists the way I want. Has there been any progress with fixing this issue. 

I have opened a bugs topic for this issue:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/All-Platforms-Not-all-Followed-in-Your-Music/td-p/896635

Lets continue the discussion over there. 

Peter

Suggested posts