Country

Spain

Version

1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

In the last version of Desktop app, something has changed when you play a song after filtering a playlist. Before this update, when you filtered a playlist and played a song, only the results were added to the queue. Then, if you deleted the filter, the queue changed to include every song in the playlist.

However, now this second part doesn't work anymore and, after leaving the filtered playlist, the queue still only includes the previous results.

Previously I used filtering to start my session with a particular song of a playlist (I have one of 7,000+ tracks), and then deleted the filter to continue with the rest.

Lousan92_0-1620053987271.png

Lousan92_4-1620054130694.png

Now I can't do it, because after deleting the filter, it still has only one song:

Lousan92_5-1620054153594.png

Lousan92_6-1620054179893.png

I don't know if it's a bug or if it's an intentional change. Can you help me, please?

Greetings!

20 Replies

I had this issue too, but for me it started happening on the old desktop app (not after getting the new one). So it's probably intentional?

Yes, at some point it also happened to me in the old UI, but it was many years ago and it was solved. With the new UI, it started happening to me today (or maybe I hadn't tested it until today). 

Hey there @Lousan92

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

In case it's not how the app works for you, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app following these specific steps and let us know if that makes the difference. 

If it doesn't, could you send us a screen recording of the issue so we can take a closer look?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is my main gripe with the new UI. I also have playlists with thousands of songs and this how I usually choose which song to play.

Hopefully it's just growing pains and they'll restore this feature.

Hello Eni,

How I could send you the recording? The one I've made exceeds the maximum size allowed by the Community.

Greetings! 

Hey @Lousan92,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

In that case, you can upload it to another platform like YouTube or Google Drive and send us the link. Just make sure that it doesn't have any restrictions enabled so we can open it.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hello, CarlosE,

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy this week. I uploaded the video to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhdn28yd72pn8uq/New%20UI.mp4?dl=0

Tell me if you can see the video. The second time I show you the queue, all songs from the playlist should be there, instead of only one. At least that was the old behaviour.

The video was recorded with the old version, but I have tested it again with the most recent one (1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a) and it still happens.

Thank you!

Hi there @Lousan92

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're afraid we couldn't see the screen recording you sent. Would you mind trying it again from a different platform?

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Once more, sorry for the delay. Here's a link to a private YouTube video: https://youtu.be/qtAkfb6cdtU

Greetings!

Hi again @Lousan92

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're afraid we can't open the video you sent since it's private. 

In this case, could you make the video public so we can take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

Hello again, Eni:

I made the video hidden, so you should be able to see it now.

Greetings!

Hey @Lousan92

Thanks for confirming the availability of the video. 

We had a look at it and wanted to double-check if this still happens once you've performed the clean reinstall suggested by @Eni earlier. Here are some steps on how to do that. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

Hello Ivan, 

I did the clean reinstall and it still happens. And my hosts file is empty, so I couldn't do anything there. Currently, I am using the 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a version of the Desktop app.

Hey @Lousan92

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

In case this persists after a clean reinstall and checking the hosts file it'd be a good idea to test if the issue might be originating from your Spotify account. Make sure you check how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on the device in use. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose.

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hello @Ivan:

It still doesn't work. I have tested it with three different accounts and the behavior is the same in all of them.

Greetings!

Hey @Lousan92,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In case you're using the app from our website, you can try downloading it from Microsoft store to see if anything changes.

You can also try running the app in a safe mode. Does it make a difference? 

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! I tried every option and there are no changes 😞

Hey there @Lousan92,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting with us.

Could you try downloading the Spotify app from our Website if you're using the MS store version or vice versa?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex, the issue is still happening.

Greetings!

Suggested posts