Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with login, then recently played was cleared, can't see liked songs, albums, or artists.

Issues with login, then recently played was cleared, can't see liked songs, albums, or artists.

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was having some issues when playing music. Spotify would keep telling me I was offline. After playing a song it would stop after 2-3 seconds. This had already happened to me once, but logging out and logging back in seemed to solve the issue.

Today it happened again, so I decided to try logging out and logging back in (using email+password). However, the login form would keep telling me "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, but that didn't solve the issue.

I tried logging in on chrome, and it worked fine, although I used the username and not the email. So I tried logging in on Spotify Desktop using my username and password, and was successful. However, I immediately noticed that all the sections under "Your library" were empty (namely, Made for You, Recently Played, Liked Songs, Albums, Artists). I can see my playlists just fine. I tried closing and re-opening the app, but still no luck. The only section that was filled again is Made for You, after I played a song.

I've always had Premium active, and play music on Spotify regularly.

image.png
1 Reply

Hey @FilippoVigani,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble enjoying your music collection. We've prepared a Spotify Answer which contains a list of instructions on how to resolve the issue with the message "A firewall may be blocking Spotify". You can find it here. We recommend that you solve the troubleshooting steps there and see if that resolves the issue.

As for your music collection appearing empty - it's possible that you've logged in with another account when using the username. You can find out how to make a check for multiple accounts here.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts