Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jump to first Song in Album when switching Devices

Jump to first Song in Album when switching Devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC/Android Phone

Operating System

Windows 10/Android

Spotify Version

PC

1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7

Phone

My Question or Issue

I am listening to a lot of Audiobooks via Spotify recently, and had a lot of minor issues with continuing at the right track in the Album, but those where mostly my faults and would require some bonus features from Spotify itself, like e.g. bookmarks or similar. 
I still may found a major bug when I switched between my android device and my windows PC. I was able to continue listening to the right track, but (shuffle switched off) after finishing the track spotify jumped to the first track of the album on both devices. In a music playlist this seems like a minor issue, but at a 700 track-long audiobook, with the number of the chapter written at the last character of the song name possible, it takes a lot of time to find your position again.
I don't really think that the provided Information makes it possible to find such a bug, but it would have been no problem if there would be a feature like a bookmark or sth similar for audiobooks.
Please feel free to ask me for any information you need, the bug did not appear more often than twice or thrice, but when it does, its really annoying and takes a lot of time to revert, and I would love to continue listening on Spotify.

Many thanks in advance 
Sam

1 Reply

Hi there @1168833607,

Apologies for the delayed reply. We've just came across this thread.

If your devices are not syncing properly all the time there might be an issue with the cache. We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices. This involves deleting the app cache. You can follow the steps in this guide for each specific device. Note that all your Offline music will need to be redownloaded.

And if you'd like to see a bookmark feature for audiobooks and think that other users might enjoy it as well, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Let us know if the clean reinstall helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts