Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jumping to current song within own playlist

Solved!

Jumping to current song within own playlist

Plan

Free

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

My Question

In the past when i was running any song, i was able to jump to the entry within my own playlist if i had previously saved it to one of my playlists, after clicking on the picture of the running song.

So iam wondering if that feature was recently removed or if that feature is only available for people who subscribed to the Premium version, since i also was sometimes subscribed to the premium version in the past.

If the feature is removed at all, it would be really nice to put it back again, cause its really convenient to be able to jump to the entry within your own playlist and to see which similar songs are right next to that entry, since it is sorted by alphabet and can lead you to other songs of the same band for example, which you have saved in the past.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Williamw88, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That feature is still available and it works on my end!

Could you please try resizing the left sidebar for the cover image to reappear?

If possible could you attach a screenshot of the issue you are having?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Williamw88, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That feature is still available and it works on my end!

Could you please try resizing the left sidebar for the cover image to reappear?

If possible could you attach a screenshot of the issue you are having?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey Loxer,

thanks for your responds.

I had to resize the whole left panel, to let the picture appear again, which usually shows up, when you run a song. Somehow that picture dissappeared permanently for some reason, even after i restarted the pc or the spotify client.

Thank you and have a good day.

Awesome, I've been looking for this feature for a long time. I didnt realize I needed to click the picture of the album (instead of the song title text). Great!

One issue I just uncovered:

This jump-to feature only works correctly when I have my playlist sorted by date-added, with the oldest songs first.

In other words, no matter how I have the playlist sorted, clicking the image always brings me to the same row-index (scrolls a certain distance down the list). It brings to me to the wrong song every time, except when I sort by date. 

I'm glad to play by those rules for now, but wanted to point out what is prbly a small coding error. 

With gratitude,

Michael

Hey @kriegsmandotone, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for pointing that out 🙂

I already addressed that here and made sure to pass on the feedback on it as the same thing happens to me too.

Have a good one!

A small coding error that hasn't been resolved for nearly over two years though.

Agreed. This is super annoying!

The year is 2050 the world is run by robots and I still can't jump to the actively playing track on playlists so I can never prune my playlists they just bloat away

What the actual F are the developers smoking?

Ha ha LOL. Yes after five years of premium I’m ditching it in a few days. This bug didn’t directly lead me to do so, but if Spotify actually show themselves to act quickly on customer feedback instead of ignoring it I may well have thought differently.

The only work around Ive found is to click on the queue button on the bottom right hand corner, next to the speaker icon. Besides that it wont automatically go to the song currently playing 

Suggested posts