Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just updated Windows, now every song says "Spotify can't play this right now..."

Just updated Windows, now every song says "Spotify can't play this right now..."

Spotify Premium - USA

HP Laptop

Windows 10

Yesterday my system prompted me to update to a new version of Windows, which I did (now running version 10.0.17763).  Since the update, every single song on Spotify says "Spotify can't play this right now.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I tried uninstalling Spotify and re-downloading from the Windows app store, I tried clearing out local files, nothing seems to fix it.  I checked the firewall as well to see if it was maybe blocked there, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.  Any ideas?

5 Replies

I have the same problem but i didn't updated Windows. It started by itself.

mine started doing it as well. at first it was both the computer app and my phone but i had to close both to reset the one on the phone. the web player works fine. i have no idea what to do either.

I only get that when there is no sound device or I dont have any internet. You checked your sound devices too?

Hey @johnh444.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Could you try downloading the app from this link and reinstalling it?

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the exact version you're running? We'll take a closer look 😉

Hello,
I did what you said, reinstall Spotify always the same worries, I have a subscription prenium I can not read the music on my computer

I also made the update windows
(update KB4503286 (OS Build 17134.829))

need help...

Suggested posts