Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard hotkey 'jump to letter' broken (Desktop)

Solved!

Keyboard hotkey 'jump to letter' broken (Desktop)

Hi,

I have had this problem for a couple of months now, I found an older topic that described the same issue but it seems to be dead.

There are 2 playlist functions that seem to have broken/disappeared in an update late 2019.

1.) Previously if I double clicked on the artwork of the currently playing song it would take me to the playlist the song is in and to its position in the playlist, now if I do this I am taken to the playlist but to a random song anywhere within it, not to the currently playing track.

2.) The issue from the title seems to be a feature that's been removed and I really cannot understand why. If I open a playlist that is ordered alphabetically by artist for example and want to jump to an artist beginning with "G" previously (and ever since I started using spotify back in 2013) I would just hit the letter "G" on the keyboard and it would jump to that section of the playlist. Now hitting any letter does nothing, meaning a tedious scroll through long playlists if a specific song is desired to start it off.

Any work arounds or acknowledgements of this being a known issue being fixed would be great.

Thanks

M

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mwg9 

These two features are gone for me too. Here are the threads for the issues at hand:

Clicking on album art highlights wrong track

and

Jumping to a track in playlist by using keyboard keys.

They might return in the future.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mwg9 

These two features are gone for me too. Here are the threads for the issues at hand:

Clicking on album art highlights wrong track

and

Jumping to a track in playlist by using keyboard keys.

They might return in the future.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Sebasty,

It's really weird that neither of those 2 threads came up in my searches for the issues I was having. Well from reading those threads it looks like these 2 issues along with a new one I acquired today with the navigation buttons on my mouse no longer working will likely never get fixed. 

M

This isn't helpful at all. Jumping to the start of a letter in a playlist by using a keyboard key was removed after many years of availability. Why and when will it be returned? This was a good feature that solved a frustrating user issue, as well as being technically easy to implement on the backend. 

Suggested posts