Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LET US HIDE OUR "RECENTLY" PLAYED ARTISTS!!!!

LET US HIDE OUR "RECENTLY" PLAYED ARTISTS!!!!

I think it's super intrusive to not give us the option anymore, I literally spent hours trying to hide this- as it's not even accurate. Why would Spotify need this to be public to our followers and the public? It's stupid and we pay for this service, guys. WE ALL WANT THE OPTION OF HIDING IT.

Also don't tell us that there isn't the option anymore, because many people who clearly had their artists hidden as you took that right away- still remain so.

Is this a massive glitch which you aren't seeing the need to fix? I'm paying close to 30 bucks a month and this has been an issue for like half a year now..and I still want it sorted. 

Give us back the option of privacy, this is the internet! Music is personal so I reckon spotify should give us back the option- recognising that there are many of us who feel truly frustrated and embarrased by this!

C'mon yall, you should know this. 

13 Replies

The option is there for me - although, you might have to do it on your desktop.  

Go into SETTINGS and you'll see 'Publish my activity on Spotify', under the SOCIAL heading (see the attached screenshot). 

I hope this is what you're looking for . . . 

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 7.59.18 PM.png

Hey,

I have tried this for months and months and it's just showing me this - also I know I could deactivate my account or whatever and make a new one but I have invested a lot of time into this one- and money. I need someone from spotify to fix this as this forum isn't even official! I've tried and tried to contact someone directly but apparently thats just not an option. Is there anyone who can tell me how to get them to fix this, or someone who knows how to fix this? 

Thanks, A

spotify capture.PNG

also I am just currently on private session, not all the time

I had the same problem with not being able to change the two bottom options, 'Publish my activity on Spotify' and 'Show my current top artists'. I'm just after discovering that when you unselect 'Private session' the bottom two can be changed and then you're free to go back to having a private session. Hope this works for you 🙂

Sorry, just after seeing your reply about not always being on private session.

Agreed, this is really shitty service and an invasion of privacy. Needs to be fixed asap, otherwise I am cutting my payment and ditching the app all together for good. Oh and not a newbie, been paying for this app since 2013. Sort it out please

Hello there,

There is two different things :

1 - The option "Publish my activity on Spotify" is related to the Friends Feed.

* If you don't want people following you to see what you are listening, you have to select : Private Session

2 - The main subject of the post was about : Recently Played Artists (top section of your profile page in Desktop version)

* Actually, there is no option to disable or hide this section.

What to do ?

* There is actually an idea running to do not publish activity when in Private Session. You can give it kudos to have a chance that it becomes : Under Consideration.

* You can also submit a new idea. Something like : "Give the option to hide or disable permanently the section Recently Played Artists in the profile page". More the idea will get kudos, more it will be considered.

Good luck 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried to hit the 'hide recent artists' about 30 times within the last 15 minutes and the toggle is automatically green every time. Very frustrating. I log out to refresh my spotify and it doesnt change my recently played artists to hidden. I need my spotify to be as private as possible because of one particular person constantly observing my social media activity and copying my spotify activity and it drives me insane. When will this be fixed because ive seen this issue has been going on for a while and many complaints have been made.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS DELETE A ALBUM RIGHT NOW IT WOULD HELP IF I COULD HIDE IT LIKE SERIOUSLY SPOTIFY AND YOU WANT PEOPLE TO USE MONEY TO BUY YOUR STUPID PREMIUM YOU NO WHAT THIS SHOULD BE FOR FREE BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF PAYING MY MONEY TO BUY THIS OH YEAH I FORGOT THERE IS A FREE ONE

THIS SPOTIFY **bleep** HAS A FRICKING  GLITCH IN IT I TELL U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed

If you just want to remove one album, you should be able to right click on it and select Remove from Recently Played, however, it would still be nice to have a Clear All option like there is for searches. 

I have the opposite (but related) problem. My recently played artists have NEVER been visible, I created a second account and followed myself to verify this. I would like to have to the option to show recenlty played, and see my friends recently played if they choose. I have one friend whose recently played artists shows on her profile, but I can never see her activity in the friends feed so she must not be willingly publishing activity. It seems totally random which accounts show recently played and which do not. Spotify has THE WORST coders on the planet.

Suggested posts