Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone X and Razer Blade 15

Operating System

iOS 15.5, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Some context: I opened my Discord on my laptop and found that my usual activity status of "Listening to Spotify" was not appearing as I was playing music on my Spotify PC app. Weirdly enough it would only appear on my laptop that I was listening to anything if I played Spotify on my iOS app. Tried the usual of fixing any untoggled settings on Discord but found there were more problems that were not Discord related but with the Spotify app itself. 

I'm not sure what happened since both of my devices are up to date, on the same WiFi, and Bluetooth is on for both and they had been paired flawlessly for months before (meaning they could detect each other and I could interchange between what device I'm listening on). Usually my laptop will detect my iPhone if they're both happened to have the Spotify app open at the same time, or vice versa.

I updated the Spotify apps on both devices recently and un/re-installed them on both devices multiple times to no avail. My devices are not able to detect one another now and I'm not sure what else to do since I've restarted my PC and iPhone multiple times to no avail. The accounts are linked the same, it's just so odd. 

6 Replies

This seems to be the case with other apps to like discord and last.fm not working. Probably the new update

I am also having problems with syncing. My desktop app is not syncing with either discord, last.fm, the mobile app or the web app. Weirdly enough, if i play a song from the mobile app, it uploads my whole cache from the desktop app to last.fm. The mobile app and web app are syncing with each other so it's not a connection issue, it has to be the desktop app (windows) that is acting up.

I've tried reinstalling, going in and out of offline mode, logging in and out... Nothing works.

Same here, only happened after completing a windows update yesterday. Tried clean installs on phone and PC, disabling firewall completely, checking firewall rules, uninstalling my VPN completely, DNS /flush, Ip /release /renew, router on and off. Nothing. Think we need some help here.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check if the issue persists with a different internet connection, e.g. a hot spot from your phone? If you're using a VPN, turn it off.

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of the app or the one downloaded from the Spotify site? Try switching between the two.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've had the same issue as this post; tried the Microsoft Store version and the app downloaded from the site. It still has the same issue. I've also made sure my desktop and iPhone are connected to the same internet connection. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app on both devices, nothing seemed to work. This issue started after I recently updated my Spotify on desktop.

Hi there @biauka,

Thanks for your reply.

We can confirm that our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote by clicking on the Thumbs up icon to the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll make sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts