Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Large playlist perpetually "Waiting..." for download

Large playlist perpetually "Waiting..." for download

I have a playlist with 610 songs, all added to my music with the checkmark.  No songs in gray, nothing unchecked.  Yet the download status seems to be in progress when compared to my other playlists that have a green download status.Stuck1.png 

Within the playlist, the download seems to be waiting on something (left), whereas a playlist that has completed its download (right) has the green status.Stuck2.png 

It's been this way for weeks.  What could it be waiting on?  To my knowledge, I don't use any of my own locally stored mp3s in the list.  I've removed songs from the playlist that wouldn't allow me to change the plus (+) to a check.  I'm baffled.  Any and all advice appreciated!

If you want to try the playlist, it's here: https://open.spotify.com/user/_vejete_/playlist/1poDh3GIZhUslwI4egqbf4

3 Replies

Hi, @user-removed!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try to figure this out. Can you follow these steps for us?

1. Log in to your account page on our website and click Offline devices in the menu on the left.
  2. Click REMOVE ALL DEVICES.
  3. Reinstall the app with the steps here.
  4. Save your offline tracks again.

If that doesn't work, please remove the SD card, if there's one, reinstall the app, then reinsert the SD card again to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here for you 🙂

It's not the app on my phone, it's the desktop player.  I uninstalled Spotify on my phone and desktop.  Reinstalled on both.  Synced all lists on both devivces except the problem one.  Started download on desktop app for the problem list.  Everything seemed to go fine all the way to the end, but after 587 of 587 downloaded, the icon went back to Waiting... instead of all green.

406.png
585.png
587 but waiting.png

I synced the last and biggest list on my phone.  Here's where things get weird.  It worked perfectly and downloaded 617 songs.  Green status.  Fully downloaded.

The same list on the Windows desktop app only shows 610 songs in the list and awaiting downlaod.

During the initial download of this very same list, the Windows desktop app said it was downloading 587 songs.

One playlist that has three different counts depending upon where you look:  617 or 610 or 587 songs.

Shouldn't they all say 617?

Spot_Android.png
585.png
Spot_Desk_610.png

Suggested posts