Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Multiple

Operating System

Android, Windows 10, Debian 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, after one of the latest updates (at least since April 3rd) the desktop and mobile apps stopped scrobbling to last.fm. I don't even see the option in the settings anymore. Is this expected? Can I do something about it? Is there an API I can use to write my own scrobbler? Scrobbling is the only reason I use Spotify in the first place, so I really don't want to have to switch to something else.

Also, what's strange is that the Spotify app on my Debian machines isn't the latest version, but still is not scrobbling. 

Spotify scrobbling is connected in last.fm, but not available in the app's settings. Here are some screenshots:

chilyashev_0-1617688381746.png

chilyashev_1-1617688464866.png

I see there are other posts on the subject, but they are for way older versions of the apps.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.
If I remember correctly, this option has been removed from the app itself a while ago.
The last fm connection is now done a bit differently. I had this issue several times now - sometimes it just breaks.
You should use the disconnect option visible on your screenshot and re-connect the account using the "Connect" option below the Spotify logo at the about/trackmymusic page of last.fm.
I have attached a screenshot that may help you find this option on last.fm.

View solution in original post

Connect Spotify.png
5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi.
If I remember correctly, this option has been removed from the app itself a while ago.
The last fm connection is now done a bit differently. I had this issue several times now - sometimes it just breaks.
You should use the disconnect option visible on your screenshot and re-connect the account using the "Connect" option below the Spotify logo at the about/trackmymusic page of last.fm.
I have attached a screenshot that may help you find this option on last.fm.

Connect Spotify.png

That did it! Thank you!
The Spotify app was "suggested" in the settings and I connected and disconnected it a few times, but connecting it from the about/trackmymusic page did it.

I had the same problem a few days ago, my mobile app (Spotify Lite) wasn't up to date so I figured it was part of the problem. But even using the new system of scrobbling and updating the app, when I reconnected, I noticed that a whole day of scrobbles is completely lost 😞 . It only uploaded the data of the last 4 hours of August 20th and completely missed August 19th. Is there a chance to see if they're queued to update in somewhere? I used both mobile and desktop, as I always do. 

Hi there @belljars,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

I don’t believe tracks who don’t show up in your scrobble history are queued and will show up later. @Sebasty who has more experience with Last.fm and scrobbling might be able to shed more light on this?

We'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello @belljars and @Jeremy , yes, I can offer help on this 🙂

Spotify API stores the last 50 or so tracks, which is probably what got scrobbled after you got the connection to work again. It seems the connection was completely dead at the time, so none of what you listened to on 19th made it to last.fm. The best you can do is manually scrobbling what you remember listening to using openscrobbler.

In case you get issues scrobbling Spotify in the future, I really recommend bookmarking and reading this article - it's an in-depth troubleshooting guide put together by last.fm team and it will tell you everything you may need to know and should try. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts