Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library View - Artists

Library View - Artists

My Question or Issue..

hi - i've recently started having problems with my Spotify Library. This issue effects all platforms: Windows, Browser and Android. When I choose the 'Your Library: Artist View'  I only get a partial list of the Artists in my Library. The list seems to be random - some are shown others are missing. I know there are Artists that I've saved but for some reason they're missing from the list of artists. Sometimes I can find the artist by looking for one of their albums in the Album view and find them. However, for some reason they are not shown in the 'Artist' view. 

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Do I need to rebuild my library?

Until recently everything was working fine. I've tried reinstalling Spotify and tested it on different devices but the problem remains. It is as if, somehow, my Spotify Library has become corrupted. Would welcome guidance on fixing this problem. Thank you.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Windows 10, Browser, Android)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

10 Replies

Hey @martini!

I'm sorry to hear that.

To add an artist to your Artists tab in Your Library, you need to select FOLLOW at the top of their artist profile.

Let me know if this helps.

Felix

That's strange. Has Spotify changed something? It didn't used to be like that. Before, when I went to my library, when I clicked on 'Artists', 'Albums' or 'Songs', I would see a corresponding list of those items that I had saved to my Library. It seems illogical that the Library list view of Artists doesn't show a list of those Artists for whom I saved content? By contrast, the 'Album' view of the Library does seem to show all those albums and content that I've saved to my Library. Just because I might Follow an Artist doesn't mean that I will necessarily save any of their content to my library.

[ps. as an aside, I'm not sure how support works in this forum. Are answers and comments just made by Spotify Community Members or do Spotify themselves provide support in this forum? Is there some separate mechanism for raising Support Tickets with Spotify themselves? Many thanks.]

Hey.

I believe so. The Help forum includes quite a lot of the same sorta issues at the moment.

I agree on your opinion. Maybe if enough feedback comes up Spotify will decide to change back to the older version. I definitely recommend you checking if there's a post on this already and if not, create a new Idea here.
This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Here in the Spotify Community, most answers and comments are made by regular Spotify users. There are also so called Rock Stars, which aren't Spotify employees. Those Rock Stars usually know much more about Spotify than regular users. You can recognize Rock Stars by the Rock Star logo and info at the bottom of their message.

But there are also official Moderators from Spotify who are helping out here.

The Communtiy is by far the fastest way for a Spotify user to get help.

Spotify also provides support on Twitter @ SpotifyCares.

Let me know if this answered your question. 🙂

Felix

Is there a way we can register support for changing back to the old artists page and getting the songs tab back? This update has removed easy access to almost all of the music I enjoy listening to. I don't even understand the rationale behind it.

Hey @ThunderHorse.

I believe the best way to directly forward your feedback on this is by tweeting @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Good luck!

Felix

Thanks, I don't have a twitter account, but I may well create one for this
🙂

Hi - thanks for the clarification. I know understand - at least - a little bit more! So, as I understand it then, Spotify don't have a process for providing online support. I've tried as you suggest with reporting other problems encountered but nothing ever happens in response to them. What I've noticed is that people will report the same, or very similar, problems which are held as separate reports rather then being grouped together.

It seems Spotify are makign fundamental UI changes without providing any warning or guidance to users.

As for using Twitter to contact Spotify, I don't use or have a Twitter account.

I've used Spotify since the very early days and had a subscription for many years. I think I've reached the end of the line with Spotify. They seem to lack any understanding of the meaning of customer focus. Time now to look for another music streaming service!

Perhaps I'll write here about my experience and encourage others to switch their subscriptions away from Spotify!

Many thanks for your help clafiying the reason why my Spotify Library is no longer working.

Hey @martini, if you don't have Twitter you can also contact the Customer Support here.

I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave Spotify. But I hope you'll find a service that fits your needs more. 🙂

Have a great day!

Felix

Hey there @martini,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for more info around the changes in Your Library. 

Further, other Spotify users have mentioned that they'd like to save Artists like in the past. In this case, we'd suggest heading over to this idea and adding your feedback and +VOTE there.  Keep in mind that we are actively bringing your votes and comments from the Ideas Exchange to our internal teams so your feedback is always appreciated.

We'd also recommend to make sure to keep an eye out in that thread for any updates we have to pass on.

You can read more information on how ideas get implemented or how your feedback reaches Spotify in this Spotify Answer

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @ThunderHorse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

With this in mind, we'd suggest adding your feedback and +VOTE to the following idea that other Spotify users have mentioned they'd like to see again.

Further, if you'd like to see the songs you've liked in a different place than your Liked Songs playlist, we'd recommend starting a new idea here.

You can find more information about how your feedback from the Ideas Exchange reaches Spotify and how ideas get implemented here.

In the meanwhile, we'd also recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer that can help better introduce you to Your Library.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with! We'd be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts