Library bug - able to add already saved song

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Occasionally I am looking up an artist who has songs which I have added to my library. I notice some of these saved songs do not have the checkmark next to them to indicate that I have saved them to my library, despite them already being there. If I go to add them, I'll see the checkmark, and I will see them listed twice in my library. I attached a picture of this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8njSGUF.png[/img]

I was able to remove the recent duplicates without affecting the existing ones.

4 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, but it has not helped. The exact Spotify version is: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f. The version of Windows 10 is: 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

Something I've noticed which is strange is that on the original songs that I saved, if I were to go to the album by clicking the album title from my library, I am taken to the album and I can see that those songs are indeed in my library (I see the checkmarks). Yet if I view the artist's page and scroll down to the same album in the list of albums, I see that they DON'T show up as being saved in my library. I only see this one album shown once for this artist, so it doesn't seem as though I saved songs from an identical-looking album. There's just the one.

One last thing I can add: if I view the song credits for the original songs I saved to my library, the "Source" value is NOT the same as the "Source" value for the duplicate version of the song that I can save. Yet it still seems to be the exact same album.

Hey @Stupidnewbie,

That is strange!

Have you tried it on another device? Could you also please try to sign in with another account in this device and see if that happens again?

Thanks! 🙂

Well I only have one account and it's hard to reproduce the issue from scratch because I need to have some songs which were saved awhile ago and then find them and save them again. It's as if those particular songs that I added to my library are somehow not recognized as the ones that exist now from the same artist and album, and so it lets me add them again. Maybe some data about the songs or album changed at some point? I did notice the difference in the "Source" value which I mentioned in my last post. Not sure if it is relevant though. But it does seem unusual.

Suggested posts