NEXT STEP

Library only shows full albums

Library only shows full albums

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

My Question or Issue

In the latest update we can only see full albums in our library, meaning the albums of which I had only saved a couple of songs have disappeared. What is the point of saving stuff in your library if you can't see all of it?

Also, the albums that for some unknown reasons haven't disappeared from my library show all the songs of the album, even the ones I haven't saved, and it plays them all even though I clearly did not save all the songs because I do not want to listen to them. It's a very common thing to not listen to full albums and it's annoying to have to skip songs that I haven't even saved in the first place. Saving things becomes useless if Spotify is going to play every **bleep** song anyway. I'm so angry they did this! Before we had the "Full albums only" filter and that was just fine. Please bring it back.

You can't take away the user's ability to choose how they want to see their library. You literally ruined everything that made the library useful and good.

6 Replies

I had the same problem, solved by creating a public playlist with all my favorited tracks, creating a new account, and adding all of the songs in the playlist to the favorite songs in the new account, and bang, the Albums tab was behaving like before, so the solution is to create a new account every time it happens.

That's not a solution, I'm not going to create new accounts every time I like a new song. I don't have to solve a problem that isn't my fault in the first place. Spotify should fix this, not the user.

I'm glad someone is as frustrated as me! This is exactly why you have a library, to only play the songs you choose. I have many artists in my library and often choose 2 or 3 albums but 'unlike' many of the songs. Now after the update, it plays every song from every album and I'm constantly skipping tracks. It's completely unusable!!! If it can't be solved I'll have to go to another service. I have Amazon music and this feature is ok on that and it works with Bose soundtouch. It's the same price for a family account so I'm giving it one month and then switching.

Spotify, you just ruined everything!!!

I'm also unhappy with this update.

Personally, my issue is that by saving full albums, which is my most preferred library method, I ended up maxing out the 10,000 song cap on my account and couldn't save any more music.

My work-around for this has been saving just one track on every album that I would like to save to my library, and then I can browse the albums in the Albums tab.

However, now these are no longer showing unless I have the full album saved! So I can only keep track of the albums I want to listen to in the 'Songs' tab now. This isn't preferable, mainly because I can't view the album artworks, which I like how they appear on the Albums tab.

Nothing worse than an update which seemingly does nothing to improve the service for you and only makes it worse 😞

How can I do this? How can I copy all of my favourite songs to a playlist, especially if the the number of songs is not far away from 10 000?

It doesn't seems like it works anymore, but if you want to try it: you go in the spotify app for desktop, go to the "Favorite Songs" tab, select any song, press CTRL+A (this should select all songs) then just right click and add to a playlist.

Suggested posts