Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Like/Dislike on Radio

Like/Dislike on Radio

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Dell Latitude 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey all,

I've only found topics and ideas from 2019 so I'm asking here.

I'm looking for the option to have back the thumbs up/thumbs down while playing song- and/or playlistradio to personalize like I used to.

However neither on the Webplayer, Smartphone (Android) or Windows Application I can find these.

The heart which adds the songs to my favourites is not the same...

Where can I find the option?

12 Replies

Hi @Tevio

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The Don't play this icon_no.png button is currently available only in Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists. 

Please, check this idea. If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Here and here are some additional idea that might interest you. 

If it's not exactly what you'd like to see in the app, you're always welcome to post your own idea in the Idea Exchange. For more details on that, check this article

I hope it helps! 

Hi @Emilia_8

so basically Spotify doesn't have that option anymore?
The posted idea is from October 2019 and is basically begging the devs to bring back a feature they removed?

Hello @Tevio

Yes, I can confirm that currently this feature is not available in Radio playlists. 

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. It's also possible for a feature to disappear but it doesn't mean its permanent. 

It would be helpful if you click on +VOTE because this shows how many people is interested in a new feature or to bring back an old one. 

Let me know of you have any further questions! 

Thanks for the clarification!
As this was my primary reason for having Spotify, I guess I'll take a look at other services.

Hello @Tevio,

You're welcome!

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Spotify, you's asking us to vote for this post to bring back the thumbs up and down feature? Literally this same topic is posted every day, week, month and year since its been removed and you act oblivious to the fact that EVERYONE wants this feature back? By far the top complaints of friends who use Spotify is that the radio is just a playlist now (awful) and you cant thumbs up/ down those songs to fit what WE want to hear. This is getting worse and worse not better...

Completely agree.

I feel that since they removed the thumbs up/down feature the selections of radio stations (artist, genre, etc.) has really gone downhill.

This is one of the greatest features of Pandora, allowing the app to learn from you selections to improve the feed, and I loved this feature on Spotify radio.

Please bring this back - since it is a very popular feature. 

it''s an answer, not a solution... You didn't fix the issue of no dislike button.

Just gonna come out and say that this idea has been put into the backlog and ignored for some reason. The feature already exists in some contexts I'm just really unsure why they are so hesitant to do it and would rather disappoint their users. Maybe artists or labels pay to have their artists in certain playlists and/or with certain other artists and thus Spotify would rather keep receiving that money than letting users customize their listening experience at a 100%? Just wondering, because Spotify hasn't moved on or said anything about this for over a year.

It doesn’t appear to be coming back despite the posts asking for it. There
was/ is no explanation for thumbs up/ down to be removed. Makes no sense to
most users.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy, thanks for your reply.

So I have yet to create ANOTHER topic for this proposal after several others already did this?
Sounds about right...

Suggested posts