Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Like button on an album won't save all songs to liked songs playlist

Solved!

Like button on an album won't save all songs to liked songs playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Panama

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Had to select all the songs on an album, right click and select "save to your liked songs", because clicking "save to your library" directly from the album wouldn't do it. This must be a recent issue from the updates, never had this issue before. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Jmhayotz15

Hope you are doing well. This is actually an intended change that was shipped with the June update, which you can find more information about here. "Liking" an album now saves the album to your "albums" tab, but does not like all the songs within to add to your "liked songs." To do so, tap the three dot menu on mobile and tap "like all songs," or on desktop, click the first song in the album and then shift-click the last song in the album, which will select those songs and all songs in between. Then, right-click any selected song, and select "save to your library." 

Hope this helps!

-Dani

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Jmhayotz15

Hope you are doing well. This is actually an intended change that was shipped with the June update, which you can find more information about here. "Liking" an album now saves the album to your "albums" tab, but does not like all the songs within to add to your "liked songs." To do so, tap the three dot menu on mobile and tap "like all songs," or on desktop, click the first song in the album and then shift-click the last song in the album, which will select those songs and all songs in between. Then, right-click any selected song, and select "save to your library." 

Hope this helps!

-Dani

If I like the album then I like the songs on the album and I want them in my liked songs. It was easier before. This change sucks!

I get this feeling this is them trying to address the scale of data on the platform.  The more people that like every song in the album, the more data that has to be stored to their "database", which as Spotify grows their user-base this probably becomes a technical scaling issue.  By making it harder to find how to like all the songs, they have reduced the number of liked songs and can slow the increase in data stored.  Very lame from a user standpoint.  Nearly everything I "like" is a full album "like".  I appreciate the ability to shuffle all the music I like and use it to create a radio station of sorts.  But you can only do this with liked songs as far as I can tell, not albums.  

That might just be you and the other 8 people that liked your comment. For me and a bunch of other users liking an album means I like the album, not every song. Just like I can like a movie and not every part of the movie, or a book and not every character or scene. In conceptual albums it's pretty common to have "songs" which are just used as interludes or bridges between different sections or songs and end up just being instrumental and lasting 2 minutes or even less than a minute. I don't want that piece in my library, I like how it works in the album but I don't like to listen to it as a standalone song.

Btw @DanifC I'm not seeing the update on my Spotify desktop version (up to date) on my Macbook Pro (2020) with the latest OS.

I have songs and albums liked by artists and the app won't show the songs in a list anymore instead it's only the albums and I can't just pick a song I liked by the artist. Been over a month since this happened please fix! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

That makes no sense. What you just described is exactly what liking individual songs is for. Don't like the entire album? Ok, 'like' the 5 songs you like and that's it. Why would you even want to 'like' an album that has songs you don't want to listen to? If you like the album, that means - listen closely - you like the album. Even is there are songs you don't love as much as other songs, you like the album.

Suggested posts