Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Liked Songs' doesn't sync with phone app.

Solved!

'Liked Songs' doesn't sync with phone app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note8, Windows 10 PC

Operating System

Android Pie, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Ok so this has been a bug since the app itself has been released in the Windows 10 Store, basically when I like a song on spotify on my phone while my PC is off, the Liked Songs list doesn't update and sync with the one on my phone, therefore I have to manually remove and re-add the song while the Windows 10 app is open so that it syncs on both devices.

I've tried everything: reinstalling, resetting app, deleting config folder all multiple times and the issue is still not fixed, it just won't sync my liked songs if I add something while my PC is off. This is really annoying and I hope the Windows 10 Spotify developers fix it.

Note: It successfully syncs with Spotify Web Player & other phones both Android & iOS. Clearly the problem is the Spotify app on Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They fixed it!! Update to the latest version from Microsoft Store.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Bump.

Same issue. I even re-added the missing songs as the W10 app was open but the next day they were gone again.

That too. Also another thing worth mentioning that I forgot is the list also doesn't update when I unlike and re-like songs (in other words change their order in the list).

Ever since the app was released I convinced myself after every update patch that this is the one they fix it, since it's such a big problem, but at this point I don't think the developers are even aware of this sync issue at all.

Any news from Spotify ?

Are they even connected to the community and replying to threads ?

There "Get Premium" buttons everywhere but nothing to get in touch with them... Quite annoying.

So far I haven't found any solution for this problem, even after checking the "hosts" file as mentionned in another thread.

Best of luck !

The only solution is the developers fixing the bug, it's out of our hands.

Marked as solution

They fixed it!! Update to the latest version from Microsoft Store.

Great !

Thanks  Ivan

Suggested posts