Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs no longer have a Heart and appear wrong in Playlists

Liked Songs no longer have a Heart and appear wrong in Playlists

Why tf. Here is an example. I liked the album and all the songs but where's the heart? Also if I add an song from this album there is a different song in my playlist from an album I didn't liked. But same title etc. A month ago this was not the situation.

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

731711bdfea05fea82d4f540b645600f.png
11 Replies

Hey there @fromthedark

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If you've already liked the songs in that album, you should be able to see the green heart icon next to the song's duration: 

Keep in mind that even though you like an album, the songs won't be added automatically to your Liked songs. You need to like them individually. 

On another note, you mentioned when you add a song from a specific album to a playlist, a different song is added with the same title. Could you send us the URI of the songs and attach some screenshots where we can see an example of that? We'll take a closer look. 

Lastly, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps and make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.  

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue, or at least a similar one. When I listen to a new album for the first time, I like to add a heart and like songs that resonate the most with me. I like seeing the heart icon next to them when viewing the full album tracklist as I know what songs I preferred on my first listen through. The green heart icon is no longer a thing? This is super disconcerting for someone who has used this tool for a very long time and important ways. It’s an also a way I communicate with people and shared playlists about what songs they’ve added that work for me. Is this a glitch on my end or have you gotten rid of the heart??

Hi there @Laurloncar,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

As mentioned above -  even though you like an album, the songs won't be added automatically to your Liked songs. You need to like them individually. Once you've added them individually you should be able to see the green hearts.

We hope that this cleared things up for you.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Again. There is no green heart next to the INDIVIDUALLY liked track when viewed the album tracklisting sceen. At one time it there was and this in a very useful feature for many many users. Why did you delete this feature?

Hey @Citybuddha,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, can you give us more details about the device in which you see the described behavior? Can you share with us the exact make/model and operating system of your devices along with the Spotify version you have running?

On another note, would you mind sending us a video recording of what you see on your side? Keep in mind that, if your in the desktop app, the heart icon will appear if you place the cursor on the song (it's not visible if you not place the cursor on the song). You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same issue. Why Spotify removed this feature?

Hey @imfleurlais,

Thanks for your reply.

As mentioned before, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have running?

On another note. did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as a OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, can you send us a video recording of what you are seeing on your side? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have the same issue on iOS 16.2 (20C65) iPhone device. Spotify removed hearts next to individual songs I liked. 

We can't see what songs we've liked in Playlist-view. I'm forced to Play the song, tap on the checkmark, and see whether or not it's in the Liked Songs playlist. This is time consuming and a huge step-back.

Why did Spotify removed Hearts? 

Hearts made it easy to see whether a song is added to our Liked playlist. Now we can't see that at a glance....

Here is an example:

I already have this song on my Liked Playlist; however, there is no heart next to it anywhere - not on the misc playlist I made nor on its original album page. It forces me to play the song, tap on the checkmark, and check directly whether it's on my Liked list or not... which it was. 😞 Is this a permanent change/update??

983CF9E7-F00E-49BF-83AB-67A295851681.png

Hey @HibiscusRose,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

What you're currently seeing on the playlist is a test of new ways to add songs and podcasts to your library.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We're sorry that this means you're not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

However, we have an entire post where users are leaving feedback about this change here - feel free to add your vote to it by hitting the "Thumbs up" button and stay tuned because any relevant updates about this will be posted there.

We'd recommend also checking the floating response to be aware of the changes that other users have reported already.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is fixing problems that don’t exist. It makes it extremely frustrating to put together playlists or even just shuffle without stopping and checking to see if a song is already in the Liked Album. 
You had a good system that people have been using the whole time. Don’t overthink things. 

Suggested posts