Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked song on my phone don't appear on Windows app

Liked song on my phone don't appear on Windows app

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi!
After two holiday weeks I arrived home and satarted using my Windows 10 PC again to listen to Spotify. And I've encountered that all the song I liked on my Android phone during holidays are not sinced on "Songs you like" on Windows Spotify app.

I'm the only one with this problem? This occured after the last big update of the Android app.

Thank you for your support.

10 Replies

Problem solved after "dislike" and like again some songs.

No you're not the only one with this problem, it's a very annoying bug in the W10 app, and it hasn't occurred after an Android update, it's been there since the W10 app was released.

Dislike and re-like will only add the songs, but obviously that's not a fix to the overall problem in the app.

I have a more detailed post about this, still awaiting reply by Spotify staff: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Liked-Songs-doesn-t-sync-with-phone-app/td-p/478847...

I've been trying to fix the same thing for ages, I got it to work on my laptop, no idea how, but on my desktop its only showing songs that I've imported into spotify.

hey there, I figured out how to fix it. 

(when you open hosts file, run it as administrator to make changes)

spotify fix.PNG

hey there, I figured out how to fix it. 

(make sure when you open hosts file, run it as administrator to make changes)

spotify fix.PNG

In my case, not only does it happen with my phone, on Mac when I like it some songs, doesn't "sync" on windows.

Obviously since the problem is from the windows app alone, liking a song from ANY device whatsoever won't sync with windows.

Well, for me it wasn't so obvious. Since I don't have my original account linked and I thought that was why I didn't synchronize.

Any news from Spotify ?

Are they even connected to the community and replying to threads ?

There "Get Premium" buttons everywhere but nothing to get in touch with them... Quite annoying.

So far I haven't found any solution for this problem, even after checking the "hosts" file as mentionned in another thread.

Best of luck !

They've just fixed it! Update the app from the MS Store and see for yourself.

Suggested posts