Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs section appears empty on mobile devices

Hello everybody,

We have received reports that it is empty in the liked songs section on mobile devices.

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are still looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks!

Comments

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I go on my library and it says 'Add music or podcasts'. Every downloaded album I had from the last few years has dissapeared. 

I find it insane how I can't contact someone from spotify instantly and have this fixed qhen I pay for a service. I have to ask on a community. Any help appreciated. 

They are still in my laptop desktop library, just not my phone

JessicaLynn88

I'm having the same exact problem. I've done everything they say to do and everything I've downloaded or listened to is no longer there. All my playlists are empty. Can't seem to find a way to contact anyone except other users.

Kiril

Hi there @25221437 and @JessicaLynn88,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you confirm that this is still the case for you both? Please make sure that you've not accidentally logged into an additional account on that device where the music is missing. You can read more tips about such situations here

Also keep in mind that syncing of Local files over different devices is not available. To have Local files available for streaming (online or offline) on a device, they need to be present on that device's internal storage memory. So if the Local files are only present on the desktop device, they won't be playable on the mobile device or vice versa. Check more info about that here.

If the above doesn't help, please send us some additional info like screenshots or short screen recordings of how things look on your end. Also include the exact Spotify versions that you've experienced issues, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Haven't logged in with other user. Below is what I see in library

And I noticed my internal storage is low..like I haven't got songs. Surely my phone or spotofy wouldn't have deleted everything from my library

Screenshot_20220703-111244_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-111309_Spotify.jpg

MommaJo

I have the same issue with the same screen shots as above.  I'm using a Samsung A50 and my playlists disappeared Monday.  I signed out, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and logged in.  I still have empty playlists and cannot access any of my downloads on my phone.  

Like the ones above, I'd appreciate some help with this issue.

Screenshot_20220703-141534_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220703-141620_Spotify.jpg
Kiril

Hey again folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Seems other users have also encountered similar issues and we've gathered the posts in this thread. We'd need to cover some basic troubleshooting steps, so we can exclude the most common reasons for the app behaving this way. Could you try logging out and logging back in on the device a few times in a row?

If this did not yield results, we'd need device related information, which we will be relaying to our tech team for further investigation:

- the brand/model and operating system of the mobile device

- the Spotify version installed on the device

- Is only the Liked Songs collection empty or you don't see any items at all in the Library?

On another note, currently there is a similar issue with the desktop app and we'd like to keep them separated, so we can troubleshoot the issues more easily. If you're experiencing the described on the desktop app, have a look at this thread.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Evocuer

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

After my last update that was a security concern I try to open spotify but tiene didn't allow to play anything, all the playlist are empty, when im try to open my notifications Samsung that the is a problem try again lateral.

OscarDC

Hey @Evocuer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged cache registered from previous updates. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

In case the issue persists, could you check in a different device to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you’re currently running to continue investigating your case.

We’ll be on the lookout. 

Grondon

Good evening, I have the same problem, I have tried everything, from clearing the cache to installing the app again but nothing has worked for me, it still has the same problem and it only happens with the phone.