Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

When I want to look at my liked songs, it is either a black box (where all the songs should be displayed) or it says try reloading the page. I have this issue since the update with the new UI. I already reinstalled it multiple times (Microsoft store and from the Spotify website). The try reloading the page also occurs with the home screen of Spotify.

black_screen_spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Colff

The new update fixed my issue. I also like that you can now see all of your playlists on the left (like in the old days). The new library is also way better than the old one that came with the new UI update. But one thing annoys me. The horoscope section. Can we get an option to remove it? Anyways thanks for trying to help me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Eni

Hey there @Colff

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you tried reinstalling the app following these specific steps?

Additionally, we suggest that you check your host files. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and and antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Colff

The new update fixed my issue. I also like that you can now see all of your playlists on the left (like in the old days). The new library is also way better than the old one that came with the new UI update. But one thing annoys me. The horoscope section. Can we get an option to remove it? Anyways thanks for trying to help me.

Eni

Hi @Colff

Fantastic news! We're glad to hear that now it's fixed. 

Currently, it's not possible to customize the Home section. However, it looks like other users would like to have this feature in the future as well. In this case, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea.

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about this. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

AlanMuirhead

I have come across the se issue.

I got a new phone and reinstalled Spotify. But the liked songs won't load. All I get is a black screen.

I read that you should be able to fix it by turning on offline mode, and then turning it off. But I can't seem to find offline mode.

And a fresh reinstall didn't work.

I don't have spotify on any other devices, so it's really hard to see what se could be done.

Dian

Hey @AlanMuirhead,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end in the Liked Songs section and tell us the brand/model and operating system of your new phone?

Have you tried using a different account to see if the issue is reproducible?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Harshul

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue on my android phone. Basically, when I tap the liked songs on the home page, it opens a blank page and doesn't loads. I've tried reinstalling the app many times, but the issue remains the same. Pls help me out.

Kiril

Hey @Harshul,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Good first approach to try reinstalling, as this might be caused by some cache-related issues. You might want to try a so called clean reinstall once more to see if this will make a difference from your previous reinstalls, as it has few additional steps. 

If nothing changes, then please follow our similar Ongoing issue thread here, where you can +Vote and leave your details and valuable feedback. Also subscribe for the thread there, to get notified for the latest developments around the situation. 

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod