Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listen music with someone else at the same time (like a radio)

Listen music with someone else at the same time (like a radio)

Hey guys 😄

Is there a way to sync the music i hear to the spotify of someone else? Like we would here songs on the radio? 

We tried to listen to a shared playlist but this is very uncomfortable 🙂

Do you know a tool to make this happen?

Thank you and sorry for bad english 😄

7 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for your feedback.

Right now it isn’t possible to undo the action, but 
we’ll be sure to pass your suggestion on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

Let us know if you have any more ideas or feedback.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

This is a great idea... I would love this feature for the team in the office... really would help with the goal of music discovery I think 🙂

This tools seems to replicate what we are asking for really well: https://www.jqbx.fm/

All they have to do is modify the app to, when someone listens to someone elses playlist, the current song plays to them, and they can choose to pause and play what they want to or to listen to their songs.  I don't see what is so hard about that!

I agree! I'm a software engineer myself so I do know that software can be more complex than it first appears... but I also know that Spotify's engineering team is world class so for any other company, I'd propably say it's hard to change... but those guys... they are really good so I suspect this is more a case of it being a low priority 😞

It's probably tied up in legal for some reason. 

This is entirely possible through Discord, a messaging chat application. If you have spotify premium, others can see what you are listening to and can play along, essentially listening to the same song in real time to whatever song the host is listening to.

image.png

Suggested posts