Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to Spotify offline, while still connected to the Internet

Listening to Spotify offline, while still connected to the Internet

Hi,

I have a work laptop.  My company is happy for me to install the Spotify application, but I cannot stream music while at work, as this is against company policy in order to maintain bandwidth.  Is there a way to listen to my downloaded playlists offline while at work (I previously download the playlists at home), even though I'm connected to the internet?  I don't have access to the firewall to block the internet connection to a particular program.

3 Replies

Hey JOHNNYMCAULAY,

Once your playlists are downloaded you can go to the Spotify settings where you should see "online/offline" modes, you can select the "offline" mode and then play the downloaded music without having to mess with wifi, firewalls or other such things.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Happy listening

Make sure your playlist is actually downloaded, there should be a green arrow pointing downwards next to the song

I knew our network was going to lockdown with the merger.  I wish I had downloaded playlist beforehand.  I have a desktop so it doesn't go home with me.  Now I use my phone to play spotify and connect to my bluetooth speaker.  Luckily my provider now has unlimited data. 

Suggested posts