Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle whole library

Can you please add a feature that allows you to shuffle your whole library? (Everything you have downloaded)

Comments
LumpieMax1

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone X, PC, Apple Car Play)

Operating System

(iOS, Windows 10, Apple Car Play.)

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to start a random play from all songs in my library? I know that I can play my liked songs (in german: Lieblingssongs) in a random mode. But I would like to do this with all songs (and albums) in my library. 
And of cause it would be great, if it also would be possible with Apple car Play in my car. 

(This option is possible with Amazon Music. When I say "Alexa, play my favorite songs", it starts playing songs from my entire library and similar songs I might like (except x-mas songs)). 

Hope you can help

Regards,

LumpieMax

Alex

Hi there @LumpieMax1,

Thanks for the post.

Currently it's not possible to shuffle all the songs from your library including your Liked Songs and playlists. 

You can use the new smart shuffle feature to shuffle a playlist or your Liked Songs and Spotify will automatically add similar music that you might like between every few songs. 

You can also add your +Vote to this Idea: Shuffle multiple selected playlists. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented as a feature.

Hope this info helps.

Jose_M
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-06

Hello @sarah-james2!

I marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this article for more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed.

Have a nice day 🙂

wingee

Samrweall

This needs to be a feature. 

DJanni

WHY is this not a normal feature? This will be the main reason I cancel. It's something iTunes has had for 15-20 years. It's ridiculous that Spotify doesn't have something so normal. 

Neikkas

Spotify needs to have the option to play random songs from liked songs or artists without having to make a playlist.  This will be why I cancel my subscription that I started less than a week ago.