Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Galaxy S7

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I usually use Spotify by listening to my entire library on shuffle. Just go to Songs, press shuffle and of we go. With this new update, this and adding songs to that list appears to have been complicated a bit. 

As I understand it adding an album now only adds it to the your albums, while before it would also add songs from it to your list of songs. It appears to me that if I want a list of all the songs in my entire library to shuffle through, I now have to save the album and also save each individual track from that album to make them appear in my songs. I'm not quite seeing what the thinking is here. How about an add all option. Just to save me from the hundreds of clicks I see in my future. 

Is there some option I'm missing? Because this is really messing with the pretty slick user experience I was having. I just want to listen to every song I have on shuffle. This was a simple task before, now it's really annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Listening to my entire library.

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hey @Jakobberry and welcome to the Spotify Community! :)
There are 2 suggestions I have that might make it a little quicker than liking every song on an album individually. 

Idea 1. On the desktop - Create a playlist for all songs and drag/drop all of your saved albums to it. It will add all songs from the album at once and from there you can shuffle the whole playlist.

Idea 2. If mobile is an option for you - the app allows you to go to the saved album and choose "Like All Songs." This will then deposit all those songs into the Liked Songs playlist automatically.

I hope this was useful as I don't know of any other ways with the current layout.

Have an amazing day! :)

Bethany_DawnRock Star 6
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
65057099_2295440307373205_3203035800170135552_n.jpg
65663105_473820790105096_301684356911464448_n.jpg
10 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hey @Jakobberry and welcome to the Spotify Community! :)
There are 2 suggestions I have that might make it a little quicker than liking every song on an album individually. 

Idea 1. On the desktop - Create a playlist for all songs and drag/drop all of your saved albums to it. It will add all songs from the album at once and from there you can shuffle the whole playlist.

Idea 2. If mobile is an option for you - the app allows you to go to the saved album and choose "Like All Songs." This will then deposit all those songs into the Liked Songs playlist automatically.

I hope this was useful as I don't know of any other ways with the current layout.

Have an amazing day! :)

Bethany_DawnRock Star 6
65057099_2295440307373205_3203035800170135552_n.jpg
65663105_473820790105096_301684356911464448_n.jpg

remepeem72
Casual Listener

Hi,

I like the desktop suggestion; but it seems that I cannot select all albums at once. So I have to drag them to the new play list one by one? 

I liked the "songs" options more and really do miss it :)

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hi there @remepeem72 ! 

Welcome to the Community and discussion! :)

Yes, it would need to be one by one as there's not a way to select all albums that I know of. You can also read more about the Library's new design here in case you have any other questions.

Hope this was helpful and have an amazing day! :)

Bethany_DawnRock Star 6

Jakobberry
Casual Listener

Ignore this reply

Jakobberry
Casual Listener

The like all songs is pretty much what I was looking for. Pretty annoying that this isn't an automatic thing any more. 

A one click option on desktop would be great as well. 

Different shuffle options in the album category would solve my problem. I can select an album and shuffle the songs on that album, but it would be great to be able to shuffle between albums. 

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hi again @Jakobberry ! 
I agree this function would be nice on desktop too. :)
There's been quite a few suggestions made by Community users in the Ideas board regarding the new UI. You can always browse there too and see if there's any with features listed you want to add a vote or comment on.
Enjoy your music and have a beautiful day! :)

Bethany_DawnRock Star 6

remepeem72
Casual Listener
Ahhh. That’s so NOT nice. Hundreds of albums....

JohnLoy

what are you doing spotify! 

you got rid of my most used features .... 

what is wrong with you, don't you like your customers????

And thanks for the solutions, but hey are really to time intensive .... 

just give me shuffle all my songs back, or I will have to leave 

lilkimgordon
Casual Listener

Don't take this personally but that's the dumbest workaround to get back functionality that you guys deliberately removed. I have a large library, now I have to manually drag things to a playlist? 

SUGGESTED POSTS