Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Get Deleted

Local Files Get Deleted

For some odd reason, Spotify keeps deleting my Local Files. Why. If you want people to come to Spotify, why delete their local files, over and over again? Spotify promised the ability to listen to music not on it, and yet it failed to deliver in my little corner of the universe. So, does anyone have a fix for this?

4 Replies

Hi,

When you said that local file gets deleted, do you mean it is completely deleted from your device? For instance, you can't see it on your folders anymore, when you access your files?

No, what happens is that after my local files get imported to Spotify, they become unavailable, and it says i have to import it. And after i import them, it keeps happening.

Hi, I used to get this issue also but I haven't had it since I made a specific folder on my pc for the thing I wanted on my Spotify I then went into my settings and selected the folder under local files and unselected any folders I didn't want it taking from, hope this helps.

Yeah this used to work, until recently. Now they get removed regardless, like ome songs might be there, some might become unavailable on the fly, and some stay.

Suggested posts