Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Names Issue

Local Files Names Issue

Hi, today I wanted to import my songs to local files in Spotify app on Windows. However when I imported songs, songs names were in chinese. But original names aren´t in chinese.

I tried to reinstall app but it wont worked.

Screenshot_2.png
16 Replies

Hey there @NeteX1,

thanks for posting !

Have to say this one is very odd.

Can you please check the tags on one of your actual files (not in Spotify)?

To do that:

- Right click on the file

- Properties

- Details

If you could add a screenshot it'll be great.

Waiting on your update 😃

I am sorry that its in Czech language 🙂

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

Hmm, that's odd

Try taking a look at it through mp3tag: https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Also, is it maybe possible spotify is picking up the audio files from another directory? 

Check your local file sources to see if maybe it's coming from somewhere else https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

Tried, but nothing worked.

Hey @NeteX1.

Thanks for getting back to us - we'll keep at it 😉

Do you mind asking someone with a Premium account to try logging on to your PC and adding the local files to their account? 

If they still appear in Chinese, then there's an issue with the local files themselves. If, however, they appear normally, then there might be an issue with your account.

In any case, let us know what happens and we'll see what we can suggest next 😉

yeah so you just need to delete all the bs in the properties (title, artist etc) it needs to be blank

THANK GOD U POSTED THIS
the same is happening to me, the music plays just fine though

i already did that but its no use

I have the same problem for Russian language

02.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps @Peter mentioned a go. Are there any changes?

We'd suggest you also restart the device and to try again adding the local files.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried to do it on two different devices, and got problem on both of them. I do not have premium account and cannot try to do anything with Premium account. Anycase, Russian letters in song's names are not shown correctly. The same situation on two different devices.

When Spotify plans to start support Russian language and enter Russian market?

03.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

So annoying, the chinese characters for the chinese songs (local files) does not shows the chinese characters, rename to traditional chinese also the same, any solutions for this?

Hey @gedonis and @langag,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Your issue seems to be different than the original poster's.  We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into cases where special and non-English characters can cause issues with the local files. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

In the meantime as a workaround we recommend renaming your files with the English alphabet, that should should resolve the display errors you're having.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just found a solution, need to create those Chinese mp3 in iTunes then only add to Local Files then only it shows the Chinese characters, I just tested it, thanks for reply anywayScreenshot_3.png

Plan
Premium Family

Country
Australia

Device
Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System
Android

My Question or Issue

I have the same issue. It has been happening on my account ever since i opened the Premium account (couple of years now I think). I have been looking for a solution but can't find anything on google and must have been searching on here under the wrong headings (My imported music and language issues for example). I have tried a lot of different thing to try and solve this issue including uninstall/re-install/ cleared cache / delete music then reload it, log out, log in, hard reset of the phone. On top of all this Spotify keeps opening and playing while using my blue tooth head set to make a phone calls and I can't seem to turn it off to go back to the call. Now after finally reading you have the same issue and nothing seams to be fixing it i have had enough. I have tried 4 other streaming services and none of them have this issue. I believe that this is a Spotify issue and they need to get off their butts and fix it. Right now i'm looking at going back to Deezer. At least I will be able to read the names of songs on my play list and wont have my calls interrupted.

THANK YOU SO MUCH 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Suggested posts