Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue 

Just yesterday all of my local files suddenly disappeared. I rescanned everything and then only the local files that were specifically in my playlist were the only ones that cannot be played. I have tried rescanning, clearing the cache, reinstalling, updating codecs and drivers, and nothing works. I also went to check the actual mp3 files and they are fine and playable with any other program. Please advise. 

3 Replies

Hey @HamBro86!

Welcome to the Community!   

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. We know that you've already tried it, but it's also well worth running a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal reinstall, making sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Also, take a look at the steps and recommendations you'll find in this Spotify Answer about Local Files. If you've already checked those steps and the issue still persists, could you let us know what exactly you've tried from there?

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

Hey Peter!
Yes, I have done a clean reinstall and downloaded the app again through the Microsoft store to no avail. I have also already tried all the solutions on the Spotify Answers for local files. I was chatting with support a couple of days ago and I was told that it was an issue on Spotify's end and that it should be fixed within a few weeks. But if you have any other ideas please let me know!

Hey there @HamBro86,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you send us a screenshot of the local files?

It would be great if you can try another clean reinstall again on all your devices and log out everywhere to see if the issue persists.

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts