Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files folder will not show up at all on Windows desktop application.

Local Files folder will not show up at all on Windows desktop application.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron 11-3147 (2014)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So a couple of months ago, for some reason I opened up the Spotify app on Windows and the local files folder was completely gone. First, I turned off all local files in Spotify settings. Restarted and redirected to the appropriate file. Nothing changed. I then uninstalled Spotify. Restarted computer. Reinstalled. Nothing changed. I then closed Spotify. Deleted the local-files.bnk file in AppData --> Roaming --> Spotify --> Users --> User Account Name. Restarted Spotify. Nothing changed. All of the files are the appropriate MP3 file download and I made sure the firewall on my PC was not blocking Spotify. Do you guys know why the local file folder disappeared and how I can get it back?

3 Replies

Hi there @jbyrd8230,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

You can try creating a new folder in your computer and moving your files there, then enabling that new source in the app settings.

If this doesn't make any difference, if possible, could you try using a different computer to see if the Local files appear there? This would help us understand if this is rather device-related.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have created and moved my mp3 files to another folder and added the new source but that did not fix the problem. I'm pretty sure the disappearance of the local files folder is just because my device does not support the version of Spotify that has local files (because my device is 7 years old).

Hi @jbyrd8230,

Thank you for your reply. 

As long as your operating system is still supported, all the features should function. Just to make sure, could you confirm the app version you're running? 

Another thing to try is reinstalling the app one more time, but downloading it again from the Microsoft Store.

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts