Free

Country

Israel

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I added an MP3 file to the folder Spotify takes the Local Files from. It was not added to the Spotify Local Files. I waited a lot, restarted my computer, tried adding different files, even tried deleting music files from the folder but nothing updated. I heard this problem can be solved by accessing the "Preferences" menu but I have no idea what that is or how to access it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well I tried using a different YouTube to MP3 converter and it did work there, so I suppose the problem is solved. Although I still am curious as of what caused it, I switched over to a website called YT1S where it does work. I'll mark this as the solution although it might not work for people who have the same problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey there @Creenel,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

To sync local files from one device to another, you must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network

Local files can be turned on/off in the Settings menu.

Can you double-check that you've followed all of the support site steps correctly.

Another useful step in is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

I believe I was misunderstood. I am not trying to sync one devices Local Files with another's, I'm trying to make the Spotify Local Files sync with their own source folder on the same device.

Hey again @Creenel,

Thank you for your reply. We're sorry for the misunderstanding.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

You should be able to find your preference if you go to Edit > Preferences (in Windows).

Keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

A clean reinstall did not solve the issue.
When I go to Edit > Preferences it just sends me to my profile settings.

Hey again @Creenel,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you try yo change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

JeremyModerator

That didn't work either. I would also like to remind you again there is only one device.

Hey @Creenel,

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you confirm if it occurs with one specific song or multiple songs?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

A different file I added did work, which is good, I think?

Although the 2 previously mentioned files still don't upload, and that's both annoying and weird, since they are both MP3 files, 2-5 minutes long, and downloaded through a source I used many times before. Any idea as of what the problem could be?

The top and bottom tracks both work, the middle one does not.

delete this.png
Marked as solution

Well I tried using a different YouTube to MP3 converter and it did work there, so I suppose the problem is solved. Although I still am curious as of what caused it, I switched over to a website called YT1S where it does work. I'll mark this as the solution although it might not work for people who have the same problem.

Hey @Creenel,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what worked for you.

It might have been caused by an issue when converting the files.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one ๐Ÿ™‚

CarlosEModerator

Thank you.

Suggested posts