Country

Australia

Device

MacBook Air 2015 13"

Operating System

Windows 10 running on Bootcamp

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have run into an issue with the new version of Spotify. Before the new UI update came out this year, I was able to sync local files to my phone since the feature was able to be seen in the app. However, now, the local file feature can't be seen in the settings menu, and my local files that were downloaded to playlists on my laptop won't play. They will still play on my phone, its just that they do not play at all on my laptop, neither can I search/add new local files to playlists. If anyone has an answer to this, it will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey @RaptorRex352,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Spotify is often testing and this means you might see something different on the app, or get different features to try only temporarily. It'd be great for you to check this Spotify Answer for more info about test features.

Regarding this, there's a Community Idea suggesting the option to allow switching between the previous and the current look of your Desktop app. You can take a look at it here if you'd like to know more. Make sure to add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to stay up-to-date with all the related developments.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts