Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Version

1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version)

My Question or Issue

For a few months now, my Spotify app has refused to connect the local files on my computer to the Spotify servers. By that, I mean I can see all of my local music under the "Local Files" tab, but all of my music is grayed out instead of properly connecting the album and artist information. These files used to connect to the Spotify servers, but now fail to do so. This causes huge problems in playlists I've created that used these files. I also run into problems downloading songs to my phone as a result. It's not a problem with the files themselves, because I have some of these files on my work computer, and they work fine with the Spotify on that computer. ...is there a fix for this?

For reference, I'm attaching a screenshot of my local files showing songs by Foster the People that are grayed out. There's a second screenshot of my Foster the People "Torches" playlist showing that two songs on my computer, "Love" and "Chin Music For The Unsuspecting Hero," are both not properly connected when they used to connect just fine. I'm also attaching a screenshot of my current local files settings.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Spotify settings.png
Spotify Torches.png
Spotify local files July 1 2018 2.png
4 Replies

Hey @mjoleszczak, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a lovely day!

Please refer to this FAQ for you Local Files issue.

Hope I was able to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks, but I've already tried all of the solutions presented in the FAQ. Nothing has worked. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. It's not a file type problem since these are standard .mp3 files that used to work just fine (and like I said in my post, these files work on my work computer). Etc.

I see.

Could you please provide me with the exact version of Spotify and Windows?

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

I've already listed those above.

Operating System

Windows 10

Version

1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f (Windows Store version)

Suggested posts