Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My coworkers and I are having a log in issue. Between us we have 3 spotify accounts. 2 windows laptops.

On laptop 1, me and coworker K were happily able to log in and out of our accounts for whenever we were working. One day I found it wouldnt let me log in, and all K had done was log in as usual. Coming up with error 3.

On laptop 2, everything is as normal. I can log in through facebook, but not with my email and password anymore. My facebook password is correct. All 3 of us are able to log in through here.

Today K and I are working together and are trying to solve the issue. I'm playing music on laptop 2 and she's trying to solve the issue but to no avail so far. When you click log in with facebook, it will go straight onto K's spotify without having to enter passwords or anything. I even tried logging into my facebook on the internet browser and then logging into mine, but it still goes straight into her spotify.

We both have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. I tried 2 or 3 times and K tried once. Coworker W suggested that maybe the computer was saving settings somewhere even though we clicked uninstall.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix?

1 Reply

Hey @fauxfuchsia!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

If your account was created via Facebook, you need to log in to Spotify by clicking the blue "Log in with Facebook". Simply typing your Facebook log in information on the Spotify app won't work anymore.

When you click the button, a pop-up should open to validate your Facebook details. However, if you have a Facebook profile already active on the device's default browser, the Spotify log in will be validated automatically. That's why K can just press the button and go straight to her Spotify account.

If you've logged out of K's Spotify profile on the device and accessed yours before launching Spotify, and it still picks up her account, try clearing the browser's cache and cookies before logging into your Facebook profile again.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts