Free

Country

U.S.

Device

Microsoft Surface

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

When I try to access spotify on this device, I go to play.spotify.com, right, and then it changes to open.spotify.com/login. When that happens, the spotify logo comes up all fancy like, and then there's a button that says "Log in with spotify". So I click it, and this white popup box comes up, flashes for maybe a second, and then disappears. Then I'm left with a completely blank, black screen. I tried leaving it, because maybe it didn't load completely? Dunno, I can be patient when I want to be, you know? But after leaving it for a few minutes, the screen was still blank and black. I tried reloading, and the process repeated itself. I went back and forward. I logged out of all accounts. I restarted my computer. This only happens on here, not my phone or anything, so what do I do?

Also, do you guys have an email? I kind of don't have twitter.

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fuzzy-spandex.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to try again. Also, make sure you're heading to this page to use the web player.

You can also try using a different browser to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @fuzzy-spandex.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to try again. Also, make sure you're heading to this page to use the web player.

You can also try using a different browser to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

I'm using the right url, but Incognito works. Thank you.

Or at least, it used to work. I'll try clearing my cache.

Okay, I used all of the suggestions, and here's how it goes:

Incognito used to work, then it just did what the regular browser did. I cleared everything, and that did the same fancy login thing, but then I pressed the back button once, and I see all my playlists. Weird? Maybe. But it works that way, I guess.

I am having that same problem and I tried the suggestions but none of them work. Help!

Hey @kylill145.

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue.

Just to confirm, were you able to try using a different internet browser to see if it helps? Also, let us know what browser you're currently using.

Keep us posted.

Hi again @Alfredo,

It seems like your suggestions work but only some of the time? Like clearing the cache worked once, but if I keep doing it, it messes up my saved data on a bunch of other sites, and then sometimes it just doesn't work. I've used chrome and firefox (I gave up on explorer a long time ago), and I've gone to incognito mode, which shows the correct login screen, but then goes back to the open.spotify.com/login link, and then I click on the button, and it says "whoops!! sorry, couldn't find that"but it only happens on this computer. Sorry to bring this up again, I really just want to know if this can be permanently solved or if my computer is a demon. Thanks.

That's odd.

Let's make sure the web player website is set as safe on any antivirus or firewall you're using. Also, if you're using a VPN or proxy, try disabling them for a moment to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

Suggested posts