Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Dell XPS 15 / HTC One M8

Operating System

Windows 10 / Android Marshmallow

My Question or Issue

So surprise to me this morning, my +2000 songs library got erased or lost, call it whatever you want. Instead, a lot of albums I've never listened to actually show up in there. In addition, when I play music on my phone it pauses for no reason once every 2 songs.

Pretty disappointed, since I lost a lot of music I will not be able to recover, I'm afraid. Hope there is something that can be done, thanks.

Screenshot (13).png
6 Replies

Hey @deariinsanity, welcome to the Community!

Do you have this same issue if you log into your account using a different device? If your music looks like it did before from a different device, try a clean reinstall on the device that's having the issue. 

Let us know how it goes.

Hi! Yes, the issue was the same on every single device I logged in. It was kind of weird... Anyway, I gave up on bringing the library back and created a new playlist instead. I guess I took it as a fresh start lol.

As some changes are taking place in the favorite / library songs system, I preferred to put them all in a new playlist, just in case it might happen again.

Thanks for your time!

Could be wrong , but if it kept disconnecting every 2 seconds , there could be someone else using your account , since that would explain songs disapearing too , someone might have just deleted them.

Hey @deariinsanity.

As @martinz0000 suggests, if you notice unwanted changes or activity on your Spotify account, someone else could have access to it.

In this case, please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.

In case you lose access to your Spotify account, you'll also find the steps to take to contact the right team there for further assistance.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

It's not that it kept disconnecting. Actually, I never got 'kicked out' and had to log in again, so that's weird. The issue was that my library was gone and it was 'replaced' by five or six albums, some of which I never listened to. I don't know if there was some kind of messing up between users or if actually someone used my account. A second issue was that my music paused randomly (on my phone) but it seems to be solved by now.

Never mind, I changed my password immediately after that happened, just in case. So thanks for your suggestion and Alfredo's as well.

Thanks for your time!

You're welcome!

If your Spotify misbehaves again, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We're here to help 🙂

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts