Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost tracks

Solved!

Lost tracks

Hi, I have a problem with vanishing songs.

Spotify just deletes tracks off my playlists and when I go search for them via browse they're gone.

These are all previously played online tracks and some of them appear in the web player but greyed out.

Now I probably suspect its to do with changing legal establishments between spotify and labels.

I was just wondering if it is possible for devs to actually grey out the unavailable tracks from the playlist instead of just deleting them without any notifications whatsoever.

My playlists are huge so I can't keep track of all the track titles, artists.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

You can view the songs that are on your playlist that are not available on Spotify by going to preferences then under playback, uncheck "Hide unplayable tracks". 

Hope this helped ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@Ozz wrote:

Hi, I have a problem with vanishing songs.

Spotify just deletes tracks off my playlists and when I go search for them via browse they're gone.

These are all previously played online tracks and some of them appear in the web player but greyed out.

Now I probably suspect its to do with changing legal establishments between spotify and labels.

I was just wondering if it is possible for devs to actually grey out the unavailable tracks from the playlist instead of just deleting them without any notifications whatsoever.

My playlists are huge so I can't keep track of all the track titles, artists.

Thanks

Yes, Publishers have the rights to gey out a song or deleting it. 
Maybe they aren't getting enough money on Spotify, Netflix has the same problem with movies or series who vanishing after a time period.

that's not really my point.

I don't care if its removed, I still want to see the deleted track on my playlist so I can find it elsewhere.

Marked as solution

Hello!

You can view the songs that are on your playlist that are not available on Spotify by going to preferences then under playback, uncheck "Hide unplayable tracks". 

Hope this helped ๐Ÿ™‚

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Ah i mustve missed that, thanks a lot!

ALTHOUGH, some songs are lost forever. For instance I've unchecked that option, some songs did appear greyed out but some are completely gone such as Peter Gabriel's Mercy Street which I've listened to number of times on spotify a few months ago.

That is correct, you can see unplayable tracks, but if they get completely removed (URIs deleted) they then totally vanish from existence.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts