Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently I've done a clean uninstall of Spotify because it was taking up a large amount of space on my drive and then reinstalled it. Since then, I've been getting low frame rates with the Spotify App when focusing on the App (I know it's a minor inconvenience but I do notice it when I switch between windows). I have tried doing a clean uninstall, but nothing has changed. The Spotify App works smoothly on my laptop, which just had Spotify installed on it, so I am unsure what the cause of this is.

24 Replies

Confirmed! Nowadays these minor bugs among others are just bypassed (treated as nonsense junk).

Wild. I have had my new monitors for about a week with gsync on both (240hz, 2080TI, 2x Acer Predators). App started killing the frames on the monitor it would appear on just today. Wild how one music app will murder a gaming rig lol. The "3D Settings" fix action was 100% spot on tho. Good look. 

To add to this, I had to also change the "Preferred refresh rate" setting to "Highest available", and it worked like a charm.

you are a genius

I know its late... But I've found that instead of changing the settings to "Fixed Refresh" I changed it to "G-Sync" and that worked much much better.

Suggested posts