Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,004 Replies

It is!! Ughh! Well instead of posting something about it they just remove it all together. Time to go to Apple Music. I have been a customer for YEARS!! And for a company that has so much competition they are really slacking!

Can you tell us by when will it become available again? 

That's it, i'm not resubscribing anymore. I'm done.

The reason i choose spotify over others is because of the lyrics feature. Now it's gone i'm going to look over other services which suit my needs.

Please keep us informed if you find anything comparable.

Hey bro, don't be a douchebag, they're just improving this feature, so they can provide a better service, how about wait a few more days / weeks?
My guess is that new lyrics feature will be on mobile, too, like new Apple Music, so be patient, don't worry about it 😉

I was using Musixmatch plugin for my music player before you guys implemented it.

I became a spotify user as soon as Spotify implemented Musixmatch into app gallery (and then integrated it into native GUI) and now all is gone! back to my old player... Musixmatch, we follow you wherever you go.

Why Spotify didn't renew partnership with Musixmatch?

How about you tell spotify not be a douchebag? It's been more than a month and still no updates whatsoever. How long are we supposed to wait before it's ok to unsubscribe? A year or two? Spotify should have thought things through before ending a partnership with someone who provides a service for them. I'm not sure if you know this but MusixMatch can still be used on mobile, they only removed the lyrics from the desktop app.

I guess Spotify will make a partnership with Genius (also a lyrics service), like they did with Behind The Lyrics (HITS) playlist. If I'm right, it will be much better than Musixmatch. 'Til this take it easy 🙂

Lyrics button now gone with no communications whatsoever. Way to go, Spotify!

MusicMatch or not ... Spotify is a prrety prominent company by now.

You guys should have the technology and resources to get your own lyrics module without it having to take this long.  Get it together  guys!

HUMMING IS NOT FUN!

when it will be done?
"Soon" for me to say fast ...
you disappointed with this attitute.
Give something and then take is not cool. 

@pliffo wrote:

Lyrics button now gone with no communications whatsoever. Way to go, Spotify!

I don't even know what to say, the spotify desktop app was so good back when it had all sorts of custom apps people made. Between this and them removing the notification bell (the only place to see if followed bands have released new music), it's completely ridiculous.

I share the frustration feeling, however please note that Musixmatch decided to end the partnership, not Spotify. Of course it's their right to do so.

Let's not blame Spotify for everything bad happening in the world. 😛

@Lazza wrote:

I share the frustration feeling, however please note that Musixmatch decided to end the partnership, not Spotify. Of course it's their right to do so.

Let's not blame Spotify for everything bad happening in the world. 😛

Yeah, I realize that, that's not what I'm talking about though. I meant them removing the lyrics button with no release notes or any form of communication. 

For me, it was rude. They could at least explain the real reasons to remove the lyrics button from the app and give us a date to deliver a new solution.

I really hope that Spotify offer to their customers something similar or better than the previous option.

Why do you say it was the decision of MusicMatch? I don't disagree, just
have not heard this before.

Spotify disappoints me sometimes. They're great at disabling some features that are well established and people like. That is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. I remember when they wouldn't allow us to minimize their client to tray on Windows. This feature has thankfully been restored. I hope they come back soon with lyrics.

I also got a shock when I opened up the client today and realised lyrics button is GONE!

On Twitter the only answer you get is a reference to this post. Now they admitted they don't have any updates for us. That's even more ridiculous.

I agree, having lyrics was a huge factor why i choose Spotify. 
Of cos it is acceptable to remove it since it is a third party's lyrics database, but they shld give us a timeline on when it will be back instead of hanging us by the cliff.
I am not surprised if after a year, this feature is still not restored!

Suggested posts