Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Make all my playlists secret

Make all my playlists secret

Hi,

I just reinstalled spotify and started working on a whole new system for arranging my music. It now looks like this:

Seventies

--- Seventies Rock

--- Seventies Disco / Soul

--- --- Abba - Gold

--- Seventies Singer songwriter

Eighties

Nineties

- Nineties Dance

- Nineties Pop

- Nineties Rock

--- Metallica

--- --- Metallica - Black Album

--- --- Metallica - Master of Puppets

- etc. ..

But the Spotify settings were put to default, with some nasty consequences:

I just created about 200 seperate playlists, BUT the setting was still on "automatically make all new playlists public". This was not supposed to be 🙂

I only want playlists containing starred songs to be public, all other to be secret.

Is there a quick way to do this? CTRL+A doesn't work I suppose?

Is there a "make everything secret" switch somewhere?

I don't want to click 200 playlists again... 😕

5 Replies

Unfortunately there is no quick way to do this, and I have asked before the customer support staff can't change the privacy settings for you either! 😞

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Just wait until they team up with Path and text/call everyone on your friends list to tell them about the new songs you've shared! This is exactly the mentality Spotify has with their forced socialization approach to music.

http://www.branded3.com/blogs/the-antisocial-network-path-texts-my-entire-phonebook-at-6am/

AbsolutelyNoFB - No it isn't. Please stay on topic.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi This is really a privacy issue - it was never clear to me that these playlists or my profile was public. 

I don't want my music shared like that/ Spotify wants to pimp my mixes to advertise their platform and didn't ask - just does it. Now I have to right-click 300 items after discovering they made them public? Ha.

The next 5 years are going to be crappy for them as other companies that respect my privacy (by default) beat them up.

I don't want to share-all by default.

I second this sentiment. I'm looking for alternative platforms after years of loyalty to this one.

Suggested posts