Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Solved!

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Suddenly today, a large number of the albums showing up on Spotify, when clicked on present me with an "Album not found" message. They do appear to be present on the service however, as the individual tracks can be accessed from the list of search results. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that fixed the problem for about 2 albums but then it quickly resumed.

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Spotify version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

EDIT: The problem seems to only be getting worse, as it is now happening to virtually every album I click on.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, we're looking into this one. Are you still getting the "not found" message today? 

View solution in original post

77 Replies

Have you tried re-installing the app?
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, and the problem quickly reappeared.

I'm also having this problem -- new to me today. I can play the albums, just not view the details.

Tried reinstalling with no success. Windows 7 64-bit with Spotify 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

I'm a PC user and also have this problem.  I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but albums that were just available to me yesterday are suddenly 'not found'.  Some of them I can find on artists pages, but mostly I get a 'album not found' prompt.

I'm having the same issue too... with almost every album.

Have a feeling something bad might be going on here. What countries are you guys in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

USA

United States of America

USA

I'm having the same issue in Canada with premium. Reinstalling didn't help.

USA, with premium

Having the same problems today.  USA

Almost 80-90% of the albums that I used to listen to on Spotify are giving me this error.

EDIT: Reinstall did not help.

Add me to the list of users having this issue.  Premium user in USA.  

I switched from iTunes to Spotify due to the ease of obtaining new music.  These types of continuous bugs are really growing old, though.

USA with premium

Yup, same problem here.  Running Spotify 0.9.11.27 for Windows x64. I'm a premium subscriber and in the USA.

As someone mentioned elsewhere, I can click the play icon that overlays the album artwork, but if I try to open the album, I get the "Album not found" message.

USA, Premium.  Had an update, and spotify today asked me "to restart Spotify" to complete it.  After doing that, "Album not Found" all over the place.  

I happen to have one album that this has happened to that I also saved as a playlist previously.  Able to play the music on the playlist, but if I click on the album of a track, it goes to "album not found". 

Clearly a borked query somewhere.  Hope they can update this quickly.  like... today.

I am running a new MacPro with Mavericks, USA. I took the uninstalling steps and reinstalled, having the same issue.

Suggested posts