Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Solved!

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Suddenly today, a large number of the albums showing up on Spotify, when clicked on present me with an "Album not found" message. They do appear to be present on the service however, as the individual tracks can be accessed from the list of search results. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that fixed the problem for about 2 albums but then it quickly resumed.

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Spotify version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

EDIT: The problem seems to only be getting worse, as it is now happening to virtually every album I click on.

77 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey everyone, we're looking into this one. Are you still getting the "not found" message today? 

So far it does not seem to be happening today.

EDIT: Been playing around on Spotify for at least 30 minutes now and have not encountered the problem anymore today.

Can confirm that I haven't hit the issue yet today. Thanks.

no issue today.  Thanks

It's okay today. Thanks

so far so good!

I have not had Spotify for about three years. I had premium but could never get the music to download to my iPhone so quit. I just decided to join once again, not premium, and discovered that you can not find albums made by artists. WTF?
 This program was bad when I got ripped off for premium but now you can not add an album to your list? What is the point? Is this now like Tiger Beat  and collect the favorite songs of artists that havn't had enough good songs to make an entire album. If you like an artist you have to look up every song and put together albums? Whatever or who ever would keep this program and why? Perhaps I am just a dense old man that likes to get an entire album. Spotify does not get the concept of concept albums?
 If I want to hear songs I will listen to the radio.

Someone let me know if I am just missing how to get an album within the next day or two so I can delete this program that is wasting space on my computer if this is the new improved Spotify and has no albums.

Hi @DaMurFF, not quite sure what the trouble is that you're experiencing, but you can search for an artist in the search box, click onto their page, then scroll through all albums. You can then click the "Save" button to save those albums to Your Music.

Please help, I haven't been able to solve it for a week now. It's my first time like this, so I'm very embarrassed and I'm not sure how to do this; If you see this, please give me a solution.

Hi there @JeonghunJong

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know your device's make, model, OS version and the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

Also, could you send over a screenshot where we can take a better look at the message you're getting? Just attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have a samsung a7 android is a android one ui 2.0

The spotify ver is 8.6.4.971

Screenshot_20210308-205616_Spotify.jpg

Hey @JeonghunJong,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you restart the device and then log out and log back in again to check if anything changes?

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

Does the issue occur on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop!  We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've already done everything, but nothing has changed.

Hey @JeonghunJong,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Just to confirm, are you able to play those songs/albums?

A screenshot of how those songs/albums look like on the desktop app or the web player on your end would also come in handy so we can further investigate.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

it might be an acount problem

스크린샷(2).png
스크린샷(3).png

Hi again @JeonghunJong,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for those screenshots.

We can confirm that those are songs that were removed from Spotify, so no worries - it isn't an issue with your account.

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on different factors, such as licensing agreements between the relevant parties (artists, record labels, etc.), and the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We're aware that some unavailable songs are appearing blacked out (instead of greyed out) as the ones you're showing us, and the right teams are already looking into this.

If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

So, can you tell me how to change the spotify server?

Hey @JeonghunJong,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're afraid that it isn't possible. Also, keep in mind that we don't support VPNs, so we can't guarantee the app's optimal performance when using one.

If you need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts