Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Solved!

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Suddenly today, a large number of the albums showing up on Spotify, when clicked on present me with an "Album not found" message. They do appear to be present on the service however, as the individual tracks can be accessed from the list of search results. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that fixed the problem for about 2 albums but then it quickly resumed.

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Spotify version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

EDIT: The problem seems to only be getting worse, as it is now happening to virtually every album I click on.

77 Replies

USA 

Same problem on both Mac OSX and Windows

Add my name to the chorus. Got a notification for the update, and this began happening immediately after. Version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc Windows 64-bit.

Came across an album myself that was saying not found, glad I'm not the only one 😛

The same album loaded fine in the Web Player though, so at least that's available as an alternative.

Hopefully this can be fixed quick!

Having the same issue. Very frustrating.

I've been having this problem all day. I'm using the most recent desktop version on a Mac.

Having this problem as well.

I am only experiencing this problem on my computer not on the app for the iphone....the songs can be found in the search but when I click on the whole album it's not available! 😞 reinstalling did not help!

Same problem here, just experienced it today. Win 7 USA.

I can confirm that this is happening on both Windows and Linux. It appears to be a fairly serious problem as most albums are not showing up.

I'm also having this problem, and hope that Spotify is working to resolve it.

alternative workaround:  hitting the "play" icon in the center of the album image (when hovering) will begin album playback.  clicking the album at that point will then show album info.  

I have been haveing the same issue with 'album not found' as well; I use a Macbook pro.

I'm also having this issue, on OS X and this happened to me all day long while at work and is happening now while at home.

A workaround that I've noticed works (since the songs are actually there and show up in search results) is to choose "Show All Results" from the top of the search list. That has been taking me to a place where I can actually navigate to the song/album... Still a problem but this is working for me for now (as long as you are searchign for something).

i'm having the same issue too. 

As has been suggested by many listeners, there is a way to get aroung the Album not Found issues.  After you search and pull down the album that you want, you must click the 'play' button.  This will start the album.  Then save the album.  This will finally allow you to view the album's playlist.  Tediouis, but a doable way around this issue.  

worked for me.  Thanks.  far less tedious then clicking around randomly in hopes of getting the list.  Is this an experiment to monitor how many times we click on a song to try and find the track list, like a pidgeon given food at random to see how elaborate their pecking becomes?  I'm leaning to yes on that.

Same issue for me.

I'm using Windows 8.1, based in Australia.

Reinstalling Spotify fixed it temporarily.

Here the same issue! BRAZIL on MacBook Pro.

Same with me. Macbook. USA.

I'm having the same issue for quite long now (no info at all, can't perform search, can't see friends ...). Starting to be fed up about it even if i really enjoy Spotify every day at work.

A clean reinstall fixes the problem, but having to do it EVERY DAY is very annoying. Hope a future update will fix that bug.

Suggested posts