Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Maximum number of favorite songs

Maximum number of favorite songs

Just got the message that I have too many songs in my library. I just thought "Ok, do we live in 1995 or what is the problem?" How can it be that Spotify gives us MILLIONS of songs to listen to and enjoy and then has problems when we mark more than 10k as favorite? This must be a real bad joke.

I AM SORRY that I like to listen to a music genre where there are thousands of songs that I like and even more are published every month. And I AM SORRY that I want to keep track which songs I really like of an album and mark them by saving them. Now I am completely **bleep** actually. Still I can put them into my playlist but I no longer can click on an album to quickly see which songs I have marked as my favorites and which I don't like.

Seriously, this limit MAKES NO SENSE! I would not even have imagined that this would ever happened. In our digital life today, a limit on stuff you can mark as your favourite is an anachronism. Really, really, really bad.

2 Replies

Hey @Tom7777777 ,

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you're doing great.

Sorry to hear that you're uncomfortable with this 10k song limit. If you wish, you can add your votes and provide your feedback to this idea related to the song limit. Also, I recommend you to take a look at the latest update there.

Have a great week 🙂

I've seen this thread. 5 Years old. Answer ist 2 years old. What has happenend in the meantime? Nothing. I have also googled and found a lot of threads of people complaining on other sites and stating that Apple has a 100k limit and Spotify has done nothing yet about improving its service.

The answer "Only 1% of the users have this problem" is BS to be honest. Spotify is actually saying "1% of the users use our service TOO EXCESSIVELY and we don't like that because it would cost us money to fix that". If Spotify wants to be a part of peoples' lives for many years to come then having a limit on your music library AND your playlists ist just a no go. Just consider if someone uses Spotify for 20-30 years and adds more and more music that he likes during his life. What once was the record collection in your shelf is now Spotify. But Spotify actually says "Remove songs from your library because you use too much shelf space".

Also Spotify doesn't treat their heavy users the way they should. Instead of being happy that there are some users that really interact a lot with the service Spotify punishes them for using it too much. Saving music is basically just bookmarking. A text marker. Nothing else. That there needs to be a limit to 10k can't be explained to anyone today anymore where everything becomes digital and the life is basically moving into the internet.

Suggested posts